Coco....Why the love? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Coco....Why the love?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Belle4Hall88 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:21 pm

Go ahead and sleep on him. Coco Crisp is FOREAL. I wouldn't be surprised if he did .324/118/22/81/19
Belle4Hall88 Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J_Cuz » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:34 pm

Belle4Hall88 wrote:Go ahead and sleep on him. Coco Crisp is FOREAL. I wouldn't be surprised if he did .324/118/22/81/19

.324 would surprise. 81 rbi would surprise. 118 runs would almost lead the league so that would be a surprise too. Then again he puts up those numbers and he's an MVP candidate... I think Coco himself would be surprised with those numbers.
www.igglephans.com
J_Cuz
College Coach
College Coach

Coco....Why the love?

Postby kemper5 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:06 pm

True that Coco is the real deal. He's gone up the last three years across the board on most all #'s.. He's hitting his prime at age 26 and I think may hang a career year to the tune of .300+ 20 HR, 80 RBI, 20+ SB.. That's only 4 Homers and 11 RBI off last years #'s, not a far stretch at all. Plus he may score 10-15 more runs than his 86 he had last year.. Get ready to be surprised doubters because this guy is a great player and with Manny and Ortiz behind him WATCH OUT!
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:12 am

With a .366 OBP last year at the top of that lineup, Damon scored 117 R and hit 10 HR and 75 RBI. Crisp had a .345 OBP last year. However, since Fenway tends to inflate batting average, that could rise slightly. So even if you take into account a slightly worse lineup, I think he has a good chance of scoring about 105-110 runs, possibly more.

He also has slightly more power than Damon, so he should top the 10 HR and 75 RBI that Damon had last year. The RBI may stay about the same since the Red Sox lineup got a bit thinner.

Crisp's batting average was .297 in '04 and .300 in '05. Fenway inflates BA, so that could rise slightly as well, perhaps approaching Damon's .316 from '05.

Maybe knock down Crisp's SB from 15 to 10 because the Sox run less. The bottom line is that you're left with about 110 R, 15-20 HR, 75 RBI, 10 SB and an average maybe as high as .310. Seems like pretty good value to me compared to where Crisp is being drafted.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brandnew » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:34 am

Worst case: .290 15 HR 60 RBI 15 SB 100 R

Best case: .310 21 HR 75 RBI 22 SB 110 R

I think he'll be somewhere in the middle, like .300 18 HR 65 RBI 20 SB 110 R

(Damon was overrated)
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ActionHero » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:47 am

BillyHallDisciple wrote:I notice Aaron Rowand's & Coco Crisp's projections are very similar, and Rowand can be had a little bit cheaper. Rowand mighe even be in a better line-up this year.

shhhhh...
ActionHero
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Coco....Why the love?

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:16 am

kemper5 wrote:True that Coco is the real deal. He's gone up the last three years across the board on most all #'s.. He's hitting his prime at age 26 and I think may hang a career year to the tune of .300+ 20 HR, 80 RBI, 20+ SB.. That's only 4 Homers and 11 RBI off last years #'s, not a far stretch at all. Plus he may score 10-15 more runs than his 86 he had last year.. Get ready to be surprised doubters because this guy is a great player and with Manny and Ortiz behind him WATCH OUT!
Couldt agree with you more perfectly said.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:19 am

For the same reasons that inevitably in every draft, mock or otherwise, I participate in, Derek Jeter flies off the board no less than a round and a half before I could even consider taking him. Bo Sox fans are slobbering over him, because he's a band aid on the wound that is Damon playing for the Evil Empire. I expect a small spike in his numbers this year, but nothing that warrants some of the prices I've seen paid in auction, or the rounds I've seen him being drafted in. He's a guy I'm passing on, for that reason alone. There's players head and shoulders above him still on the board when he's being taken.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:25 am

bigh0rt wrote:For the same reasons that inevitably in every draft, mock or otherwise, I participate in, Derek Jeter flies off the board no less than a round and a half before I could even consider taking him. Bo Sox fans are slobbering over him, because he's a band aid on the wound that is Damon playing for the Evil Empire. I expect a small spike in his numbers this year, but nothing that warrants some of the prices I've seen paid in auction, or the rounds I've seen him being drafted in. He's a guy I'm passing on, for that reason alone. There's players head and shoulders above him still on the board when he's being taken.

I agree that the spike in his HR and BA may be small, but in terms of R/RBI (well, only runs, really), I would think that hitting at the top of Boston's lineup for an entire year with an OBP around .350 should yield a lot more than the 86 runs he had last year.

But even though I would have expected that what you said about his draft position to be true, I'm actually finding that he's being drafted LOWER than where I consider his value to be. I've seen him going around pick 120 overall or later. Considering that's about where his value was last year, I think that getting him at that spot is pretty good value if you assume he'll improve from last year's numbers.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:49 am

I'm definitely not willing to take him where I would need to in order to get him. I also though that his value was speed but was disappointed when I saw the SB in the teens. He should be excellent for average and runs this year and mediocre the rest of the way across the board. All I know is I won't be getting him this year. I know that someone in my league is going to take him sometime before the 10th and maybe even as early as the 7th.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers