Bowling question for Madison - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bowling question for Madison

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:10 pm

Bunch of Ball Breakers you guys are...no pun intended.Thanks for the extensive feedback,Mad.Right now im a 180 avg.I really just started last year & a half.I started with the Rotogrip SilverStreak & I felt I needed to take a step up in a ball so, now I got the Action Packed.I been improving steadily & I love how this ball hooks like a beast at the end.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:23 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I didn't know that there were different types of balls and lanes...

thats crazy talk!!! You just blew my mind

Really? Thought you had to have a mind in order for someone to blow it?

Hehehehe. :-b

Yes, the world of competitive bowling is much more complicated than most non bowlers are aware of. ;-)

Damn madison PWNED me....bummer
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:27 pm

Lenny Dykstra wrote:Bunch of Ball Breakers you guys are...no pun intended.Thanks for the extensive feedback,Mad.Right now im a 180 avg.I really just started last year & a half.I started with the Rotogrip SilverStreak & I felt I needed to take a step up in a ball so, now I got the Action Packed.I been improving steadily & I love how this ball hooks like a beast at the end.

I had a Silver Streak awhile back. Good ball. :-) ;-D

Rotogrip also makes the RS1 and I carried one of those before picking up a U-Turn Pearl. :-)

180 average? Not too bad at all. You're probably focusing on one of two things right now. Either:

A: Consistancy in hitting the pocket, and consistancy making your spares.

or

B: You hit the pocket 90%+ of the time and make 95%+ of your spares and just need the equipment upgrade to help your carry percentages.

Hopefully it's B. Your scores will shoot up with newer, more powerful equipment, in very little time. If it's A, then practice, practice, practice. You'll get to the point you want to be at. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheRock » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Tavish wrote:
TheRock wrote:When I go, I look for a 16 pound ball with holes that more or less fit my fingers and without too many chips and gashes on it. ;-D

Do you prefer laced or velcro shoes? :-b

They make 'em with Velcro? :-B
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:36 pm

Madison wrote:A: Consistancy in hitting the pocket, and consistancy making your spares.

or

B: You hit the pocket 90%+ of the time and make 95%+ of your spares and just need the equipment upgrade to help your carry percentages.

Hopefully it's B. Your scores will shoot up with newer, more powerful equipment, in very little time. If it's A, then practice, practice, practice. You'll get to the point you want to be at. :-)

One question whats a pocket?

And making 95% of spares seems superhard
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:A: Consistancy in hitting the pocket, and consistancy making your spares.

or

For a right handed bowler, the pocket is the spot right betwee the 1 and 3 pin. Oddly enough I don't have a diagram handy, but I'll try to draw it for you:

7---8---9---10
--4---5---6
----2---3

That's how the pins are numbered. A right handed bowler wants the ball to hook into the space right between the 1 and 3 pin.

As to 95% of spares, it's not as tough as you think. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:

or

Once you can consistently hit the pocket picking up 95% of your spares becomes more realistic. Basically you just have to figure out how to pick up the bastard 10 and the occasional 9 or 4. After that opens will normally only come when you do end up missing the pocket or just get a bad break with pin carry.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey Mads, what's the trick to make the ball curve as it goes down the lane? All I can do is throw them straight as an arrow- leads to a lot of splits. And my robust 110 average.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:04 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Hey Mads, what's the trick to make the ball curve as it goes down the lane? All I can do is throw them straight as an arrow- leads to a lot of splits. And my robust 110 average.

yea you seem to have to have some pretty powerful wrists to spin that ball
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:16 pm

I can spin the ball like mad if I try, I just can't aim when I do it. I have to hope it doesn't either fall into the right-hand lane before it hooks back or shoots all the way back across into the left-hand lane before it gets to the pins. Anyway, I'm not very good with the hook.

It's a good party trick though when you're drinking and bowling with friends. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk