Will Borowski be the closer in FLA.? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Will Borowski be the closer in FLA.?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Borowski be the closer in FLA.?

Postby dabeave27 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:17 pm

I've heard the job might go to Bowyer. Anyone know for sure?
dabeave27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Musicdude10 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:19 am

No way, you have to believe that Todd Jones still has the job, after a dominant season and a year under his belt. JoBo has been to inconsistent with injuries and stability in pitching since his return a year ago to the cubs. I don't see it happening
Kerry Wood and Prior aren't actually hurt but don't like Chicago weather in march/april and late july/august. Notice they were on the dl during those times

Felix Pie doesn't exist. He's a marketing scam by the Cubs to give the fans hope
Musicdude10
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreenFish » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:07 am

Musicdude10 wrote:No way, you have to believe that Todd Jones still has the job, after a dominant season and a year under his belt. JoBo has been to inconsistent with injuries and stability in pitching since his return a year ago to the cubs. I don't see it happening

I hate to burst your bubble musicdude but Todd Jones is now a Detroit Tiger. Borowski MAY get the opportunity to close. He could be worth a flyer. Who knows if he will be able to hold the job or how many games Florida will win for that matter.
GreenFish
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:18 pm

I have Florida projected for 46 wins using Zips Projections and Diamond Mind Baseball. Did 10 seasons worth of simulations and 46 wins was the AVERAGE. I don't think it matters a whole heck of a lot who they have as a closer unless almost every win is a save opportunity. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby 5 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:38 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:I have Florida projected for 46 wins using Zips Projections and Diamond Mind Baseball. Did 10 seasons worth of simulations and 46 wins was the AVERAGE. I don't think it matters a whole heck of a lot who they have as a closer unless almost every win is a save opportunity. ;)

...like Bryan Harvey did when he saved over 70% of the Marlins games in their inaugural season.

It's pretty difficult to win only 46 games. I'd bump that up to at least 47 ;-)
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:07 pm

It's pretty difficult to win only 46 games.

That's what I thought...I couldn't believe (A) how bad they did in the projections and (B) how CONSISTANTLY bad they did in the projections. They just got destroyed.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby 5 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:29 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
It's pretty difficult to win only 46 games.

That's what I thought...I couldn't believe (A) how bad they did in the projections and (B) how CONSISTANTLY bad they did in the projections. They just got destroyed.

poor Cabrera & Dontrelle
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:55 pm

look at this way....they're never going to blow anyone out right? so its more than likely that their 46-50 wins (which i definitely do not agree with) will all be (or at least 90 %) save situations....i personally think the marlins are not going to be as bad as advertised....i think they could win 70-75 games, they just always find a way to win

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hoopitup21212 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:58 pm

hmm i say under 70 somewhere near 65-70 wins this season
SGMKL
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=163
"When Chuck Norris jumps in an ocean he doesnt get wet, the water gets chuck."
hoopitup21212
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby stevethumb » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:51 pm

i like jborowski to win the job (he didnt pitch badly for TB last yr) but IF tbowyer finds his control he could have the job by memorial day..look for a combined 30+ saves from the florida bullpen
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates