Baseball Prospectus delayed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Prospectus delayed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:38 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:I don't get why Ron Shandler can drop Baseball Forecaster around the beginning of the year, and it's 3/1 and BP still hasn't come out? That's weak.

I think you have to understand that BP is not primarily a fantasy outfit. In fact, I'd say they really don't give a $^!# about fantasy. Their real market is the stat inclined baseball fan, who is perfectly fine with getting the book by 3/1
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:43 pm

BP's newsletter says it's out, but I haven't gotten mine yet. And I pre-ordered it back in January.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:54 pm

None of the bookstores in Champaign, IL had it yesterday and then I went to visit my parents outside of Chicago and my mom needed some stuff @ Barnes so I figured 'I'm sure they'll have it SOMEWHERE here', as I was going to a concert in the evening and kind of killing time. Their computer couldn't get the whole area, just stores nearby and none had it. :~(
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby beatlehead84 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:36 pm

I would say they give a *#%& about fantasy. I would bet a good portion of their readers use it for fantasy purposes.

But, that's not the problem. When a book is advertised to be out on February 28th and March 2nd comes and it still isn't stores and shown on delay on online sites, people are going to be pissed off whether they use it for fantasy purposes or not. Just like if a CD or DVD was supposed to be out, and then for an unexplained reason it wasn't there.

I'm upset mostly because I didn't preorder it and now have gone on wild goose chases for the book that doesn't seem to exist. Obviously it does, and I should have preordered, but now I guess I'll just wait for the bookstore to call me and let me know.
beatlehead84
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:51 am

I dunno, Prospectus IS entertaining but, since I'm drafting TOMORROW, I'm not sure that there's really any point in buying and, in fact, I'd be sending them the wrong message if I DO buy it anyway as I've found Baseball Forecaster every bit as entertaining/ useful. :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ditka311 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:08 am

Just received an email from ACTA that it is out now.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beatlehead84 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Prospectus is the best out there for sure. It's not just about the forcasts it's the way they are always searching to better statistics, and reading about that. If you only need the forecasts sign up for a month at their site for 5 bucks and you can plug in all your league stuff and they'll give you dollar amounts and everything using their PECOTA forecasts. You can't get the Pecota Excel with that subscription but for fantasy purposes you don't need that. All you need is access to the forecaster. It says you're not even supposed to get access to that with a monthly subscription (you would need to pay for a yearly) but I have no problem getting in. For 5 bucks the forcaster is worth it, plus you have access to all their great articles which are worth more than 5 bucks a month by themselves.

However....I still like having the actual book and after calling around today, I'm still without it. Now I'm just going to order it online but I'm afraid something might happen with that and it will be in the bookstore tomorrow.
beatlehead84
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Please order yours online so mine will get to my bookstore tomarrow and I can flip through it at the draft!! ;-D :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:33 pm

i went to pre-order yesterday at amazon (it said it wasn't there yet) but i got an email today that it shipped.

buy it and it will come, apparently.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Don't write off the local bookstores!!

5:45 PM: AcidRock23, MrsAcidRock, AcidDaughter and AcidDaughter's best friend sit down @ Pizza Hut

5:57 PM: Phone Rings

5:58 PM: 'Hello, is AcidRock there? Your book came in'

****SCHWING*****!!

I just picked it up and figured I'd let y'all know the HAPPY NEWS!!! :-D :-D

(while I wait for my coffee to put into my IV bag....)
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers