Significant H2H vs Roto differences? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Significant H2H vs Roto differences?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby beatlehead84 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:19 pm

I'm in a keeper H2H and I'm punting stolen bases. My keeps don't have stolen bases and I don't want to waste a 1st round draft pick to catch up.

But, even if it isn't a keeper league, it is stupid to take a SB guy unless it is somebody like Bay, Wright, or Abreu in the top 3 rounds. Let everybody else take guys like Figgins and Posednick and pick guys that are strong all across the board in every category. Stolen bases aren't guaranteed in H2H like they are in roto. It makes no sense to draft one player to get your SB's. I have to punt the category because I have 4 guys that aren't going to get any, but there are lots of options to get guys who get 15-20 a year that will get the job done. You might not win the category every week, but while other people are focusing on speed because all the magazines tell them to, you will be getting guys that are actually worth that pick in a H2H league.

I think the other strategy I have is find one stud pitcher, and then find pitchers in the middle to late rounds that compare to that pitcher. For example if you get a guy who gets K's and has a good ERA but his whip is a little higher, find guys that are exactly like him but not quite as good. You don't want to negate the great categories of your stud pitcher to compensate for his Whip. If you can compensate without losing much, congratulations, but you'll be left with a middle of the road pitching staff if you overcompensate.

I agree with the closers, get a 8-10th ranked guy and then an up and comer. That way you are probably using a 5th-6th round pick and maybe a 14th-15th. I would get two up and comers if the run starts earlier than the 5th round.
beatlehead84
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers