Hinske or Cintron...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hinske or Cintron...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hinske or Cintron...?

Postby McGill » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:26 am

Which one will do better for the second half of the season?

"Watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat..."

"....Again?!!"
McGill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LCBOY » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:32 am

If Hinske can return to last year's form I think he can have a big 2nd half because of the Toronto offense around him....
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:08 am

I'm going to say Cintron will do better, but Hinske has the better upside. Hinske wasn't doing anything before the injury and the lineup was going nuts at the time. I think he will do better next year, not this year. Just my 2 cents.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:31 pm

Cintron had good minor league numbers, but he's got to be playing above himself. Case in point: the Dbacks have won 11 straight. Hinske has been soph slumping all year, but has a better upside, and the Jays' offense is hitting at all cogs.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:55 pm

from what i have read, hinske's injury occurred in the begining of the season. so it isnt entirely correct to say that he didnt do anything before the injury since he was injured all along. you might even say he did well considering he was injured and it is reasonable to expect that he will do better now that he is healthy.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby great gretzky » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:51 pm

he had a good outing his first game back and got on base his second, scoring a run. It hink he will be ok, he has the skills and youthful enthusiasm.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:16 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:from what i have read, hinske's injury occurred in the begining of the season. so it isnt entirely correct to say that he didnt do anything before the injury since he was injured all along. you might even say he did well considering he was injured and it is reasonable to expect that he will do better now that he is healthy.

My understanding was that the wrist injury happened during the season, not at the beginning. He overextended his wrist trying to do too much at the plate. I remember reading something about it where he said he was going for too much and swinging way too hard. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I remember.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:23 am

you may be right. all i know about hinske's injury is from what i read at rotoworld. it implies he had the injury for a while but doesnt exactly say when.

from rotoworld:

May 26

Blue Jays placed third baseman Eric Hinske on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured hamate bone.
It's pretty amazing that Hinske managed 18 doubles while playing with a broken bone all season. He's expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Dave Berg and Mike Bordick will split time at third base for the Blue Jays. Berg is probably the better pickup in AL-only leagues.
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:32 am

j_d_mcnugent wrote:you may be right. all i know about hinske's injury is from what i read at rotoworld. it implies he had the injury for a while but doesnt exactly say when.

from rotoworld:

May 26

Blue Jays placed third baseman Eric Hinske on the 15-day disabled list with a fractured hamate bone.
It's pretty amazing that Hinske managed 18 doubles while playing with a broken bone all season. He's expected to miss 4-6 weeks. Dave Berg and Mike Bordick will split time at third base for the Blue Jays. Berg is probably the better pickup in AL-only leagues.

Well that makes it look like you are right. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows? 8-o I would still be cautious about picking him up though.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Baseball Leftovers