Huff to play 3rd? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huff to play 3rd?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BravesGuy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:06 pm

I dont think 3B is thin at all this year.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlee » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:17 pm

BravesGuy wrote:I dont think 3B is thin at all this year.

I don't either. I think it goes 14-15 deep (with Huff 15-16 deep).
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby swyck » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:15 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:oh boy. Huff at 3b, Lugo at SS, and Cantu at 2b, I surely hope our pitchers turn into fly ball pitchers instead of ground ball pitchers. :-o Hopefully though this will improve Huffs tradeability for the big summer trade. ;-D

Any chance that Lugo moves to 2B, Cantu to 3B, Huff to 1B, opening up SS for Upton? Or maybe Upton to 2B. Along with that outfield, including Young, and this is a nice lineup for the next couple of years.

Too bad they only have Kazmir to pitch. They just have to move a body or two for arms, unless they have some more prospects ready to go.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:17 pm

swyck wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:They just have to move a body or two for arms, unless they have some more prospects ready to go.

And move the franchise out of the AL East. The team looks very young and promising, but it's hard to imagine them winning the division with the Yankees and Red Sox tripling their payroll.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:24 pm

Would this not make Huff a more valuable player once again due to the possibility of being a 3 spot player again? :-?

I drafted him in like 4 leagues last year hoping that would pay off...it really didn't. :-/
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby with_pleasure » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:30 pm

3B may not be thin, but I think a lot of those characters are pretty unreliable. After ARod, Wright, Cabrera, and Aramis, the next tier down has a lot of potential for collapse (the Rolen, Beltre, Blalock, Mora, Chipper types). Huff falls in this category. I put Chavez and Ensberg at the top of this tier, but some people have had more faith in them.

I like a lot about the DRays, but I hate Tropicana Field, the front office, and the pitching staff (except Kazmir and maybe Jesus Colome, they're all so boring.)
with_pleasure
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Broncmet724 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:42 pm

more like 20 times the D-Rays payroll
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:14 am

Funny. I didn't read this as good news:

After reporting Monday, Aubrey Huff met with Joe Maddon for the first time - a meeting that made a positive impression on the Rays' manager. Among the topics talked about was where Huff likely will play, a sore spot for Huff - who has split time between four positions. “We're going to give him primary work at third base, but he's also going to work at first base and right field," Maddon said. "His comment was, 'I'll do what's best for the team.' What else could I ask for?"

This points out that Huff doesn't enjoy not having a position, and then, when he's asked to play multiple positions again, he's like, "Sure... :-/ "

Seems like yet another demotivator for him, and we all know how he plays when he's not motivated.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WittyC » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:41 am

with_pleasure wrote:3B may not be thin, but I think a lot of those characters are pretty unreliable. After ARod, Wright, Cabrera, and Aramis, the next tier down has a lot of potential for collapse (the Rolen, Beltre, Blalock, Mora, Chipper types). Huff falls in this category. I put Chavez and Ensberg at the top of this tier, but some people have had more faith in them.

I like a lot about the DRays, but I hate Tropicana Field, the front office, and the pitching staff (except Kazmir and maybe Jesus Colome, they're all so boring.)

I don't see the potential for collapse with Eric Chavez. I have him behind ARod, Wright, Cab and Aramis in what is essentially his own tier.

Turning my attention elsewhere... I don't understand why the D-Rays didn't unload Lugo and Gathright for some quality pitching prospects. Let the kids play!
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers