CC Sabathia
Ervin Santana
Matt Morris
Carl Pavano
Shawn Chacon
Ted Lilly
BJ Ryan
Huston Street

i think i could use maybe 1 more quality starting pitcher.

leave me a link and check out your team
X-Factor611
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fi$h » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:50 pm

Your offense is in pretty shape (thou Giambi and posada are potenial questions marks). You don't have a ton of speed but you can win that catigory some weeks.

You pitching is alright, but you are right, you could use another starter or two. Maybe another closer or stud setup guy, to fill in when you don't have a guy starting.

here is my team, can you take a look?
fi$h
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:20 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about Giambi. He was on fire the second half of last season and should be good for the entire season this year. I think that you have plenty of speed. Abreu, Beltran, Sizemore and Freel will all contribute regularly. Cano might run around since he's hitting in the bottom of the Yanks lineup. You might have a problem with power. Depending on how M Cab does with the minor league roster around him and if Beltran can bounce back. You should be competetive, but I wouldn't expect for you to win the power catergories from week to week. Baldelli might be a nice surprise (I'm gambling with him this season too). Your SP's are ok. I think you have a bunch of bottom of the rotation guys, but no clear ace. Your closers should be fine, so long as your opponents aren't trotting out 3 at you. You should be able to compete in W's and K's each week. But don't be surprised if you lose ERA and WHIP on a consistent basis.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:08 pm

Not a lot of power if you are going to depend on Giambi, MCab and Abreu to carry you. I would definitely consider upgrading your SPs, but you look good for saves.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=170418
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dukesimms » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:30 pm

of is solid and will give you pts in all catagories I think Beltran and Baldelli will rebound. Might try for another SP Pavano is big?.

mine
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=170515
dukesimms
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StormChaser » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:37 pm

I really like how seemingly well-rounded your hitting is. Your pitching on the other hand is your weakness. As has been said previously, I see no clear ace on your staff, and I think you might have probems winning ERA and WHIP some weeks. Your closers are good, though. See if you could deal someone to bring in a better SP, perhaps? Hope this helped. Check out my team please:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=170511
StormChaser
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:41 pm

SP is really weak but you have a strong offense and good closers.
I'd swap out Eckstein for Crosby.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby TP22 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:47 pm

Pretty much everyone has analyzed your team well. You could definitely use some an ace starting pitcher, and Posada as your catcher is a big question mark in my eyes, however if he can regain some confidence he could very well get back to being one of the top fantasy catchers. Giambi should be back to his old self and have a great season.
TP22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MikeBradley08 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:50 pm

Looks pretty good, but you need to get over your obsession with the Yankees, Giambi is extremely suseptible to injury (ten years of steroid abuse will do that to you), and Cano isn't that good in real life, and he's even worse in fantasy. Posada isn't a top ten catcher, there MUST be another one on the wire that's better than him, look for Bengie Molina, he's playing in a beefy Jays lineup this year. Try to land another big power hitter too.

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... &&start=15
MikeBradley08
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby And423Rew » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:02 pm

i think your hitting is OK. M. Cabrera and B. Abreu is good but don't know how J. Giambi, R. Cano, C. Beltran is going to do. I'm a Met fan so I'm hoping Beltran does good. ;-D

as for pitching, its hard to get Pitching this year. there isn't many Pitchers really over the top good. I think your pitchers will be OK. Ryan and Street are good relievers but I think you Starting Pitchers isn't that good. Big Question marks on CC Sabathia, Carl Pavano, Shawn Chacon, Matt Morris. But I like Ervin Santana and Tim Hudson.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=170546
And423Rew
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team