54th pick too soon for F Hernandez in H2h keeper? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

54th pick too soon for F Hernandez in H2h keeper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

54th pick too soon for F Hernandez in H2h keeper?

Postby Jmar » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:48 am

18 teams, h2h. I have last pick. do you think he's worth my 54th or 55th overall pick? I don't see him falling farther than that.
Jmar
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:54 am

Wrong forum, but yeah, that's too high in my opinion. What other pitchers are still on the board?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jmar » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:58 am

oh, my draft is still a month away. I'm just thinking ahead ...
Jmar
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:14 am

I think its too high, but thats probably where you would have to draft him. Somebody might even nab him before then.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2062
Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Cow » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:04 am

You would be very fortunate to nab him at #54! I know the gutless wonders of the world would rather not take a risk on a young player at #54, but pick 54 is not a risk for the King it is a steal! I would seriously consider using the #36 or even the #18 pick on him. Becaus eI doubt he lasts until #54, he is not your typical youngster.
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1754
Joined: 12 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eating refried beans

Postby Nene » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:13 am

The Cow wrote:You would be very fortunate to nab him at #54! I know the gutless wonders of the world would rather not take a risk on a young player at #54, but pick 54 is not a risk for the King it is a steal! I would seriously consider using the #36 or even the #18 pick on him. Becaus eI doubt he lasts until #54, he is not your typical youngster.


Nene agrees with this ;-D
Image
[b]Founder of the Hilarious Homers League[/b]
Nene Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 311
Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Central Florida

Postby Thursday » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:10 am

A keeper? You'd better hope he lasts until 54.

Look, prospects like this guy come along once in a lifetime. The Mariners are even taking steps to ensure that his career is a long and successful one.

Word is that they're going to hold him to 190 innings this year.

Actually, i won't bother to write anything else, because here's a good article on that whole situation:

Mariners playing it safe with Hernandez
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2258
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:56 am

Thursday wrote:A keeper? You'd better hope he lasts until 54.

Look, prospects like this guy come along once in a lifetime. The Mariners are even taking steps to ensure that his career is a long and successful one.

Word is that they're going to hold him to 190 innings this year.

Actually, i won't bother to write anything else, because here's a good article on that whole situation:

Mariners playing it safe with Hernandez


Once in a lifetime? I know I was alive when Doc Gooden debuted in '84.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1096
Joined: 3 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dillon, CO

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:08 am

WittyC wrote:
Thursday wrote:A keeper? You'd better hope he lasts until 54.

Look, prospects like this guy come along once in a lifetime. The Mariners are even taking steps to ensure that his career is a long and successful one.

Word is that they're going to hold him to 190 innings this year.

Actually, i won't bother to write anything else, because here's a good article on that whole situation:

Mariners playing it safe with Hernandez


Once in a lifetime? I know I was alive when Doc Gooden debuted in '84.


And what if Hernandez has Doc's peak stats over a longer period of time. Then he's competing with Pedro, who's peak wasn't all that long. Felix has a chance to be the best in that park, especially if they get a decent offense with a good pen.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:52 am

The Cow wrote:You would be very fortunate to nab him at #54! I know the gutless wonders of the world would rather not take a risk on a young player at #54, but pick 54 is not a risk for the King it is a steal! I would seriously consider using the #36 or even the #18 pick on him. Becaus eI doubt he lasts until #54, he is not your typical youngster.


I agree. Felix won't, and shouldn't last till the 50th pick in a keeper.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact