Tony Batista - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tony Batista

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tony Batista

Postby BatistaMan » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:17 pm

What do you guys think about Tony Batista? He had a terrible week last week, but heated up again this week hitting 4 homeruns. The Orioles offense has been doing pretty well lately too which is giving him some more RBI/Run opportunities. I can't help but think that'll stop though, especially with this nagging injury that Mora has.

Do you think that he's a decent person to stick with at 3B? How does he compare to people like Chavez or Huff? Should I be looking to get rid of him?
BatistaMan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby G-Man » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:28 pm

batista will get you 30 HR's and 90-100 RBI, but will also terrorize you with a horrible BA and OBP, which also translates into: "get used to a HR here or there and nothing else". he is a 100% pull-hitter and is easily asjusted for, hurting his chances for base hits. He's nowhere near the value of chavez, but could be serviceable at 3B if ur offense is strong enough elsewhere.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:33 pm

Cubs are looking to trade for him. If that happens, expect his value to increase greatly. I have him, and since I can't get avg. or ops., he suits me well.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:20 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:Cubs are looking to trade for him. If that happens, expect his value to increase greatly.

Increase greatly? Why?
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:41 pm

Bautista going to the Cubs doesn't increase his value... 8-o I mean we are dealing with a .257 career hitter with power who always slumps in the 2nd half, how could going to the Cubs not increase his value. Really, the Cubs slump in the second half. Bautista slumps in the second half. The Cubs make a bad trade for the second half, Bautista slumps for the second half. I seams like a perfect fit... :*)

GGGRRRR!!! Sorry for the cynicism I'm just frustrated right now. Harris as the leadoff hitter :-P :-P
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers