Yahoo Roto Winners League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo Roto Winners League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Roto Winners League

Postby Niffoc4 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:39 pm

Just picked this team (note I was picking eighth)
C Ivan Rodriguez
1B Todd Helton
2B Chase Utley
SS Edgar Renteria
3B Aramis Ramirez
OF Vladimir Guerrero
OF Gary Sheffield
OF Matt Holliday
Util Wily Taveras
BN C. Shelton
BN N. Swisher
BN G. Jenkins

SP Rich Harden
SP John Smoltz
RP Francisco Cordero
RP Chris Ray
P Scott Kazmir
P Chris Young
P Jae Seo
BN Daniel Cabrera
BN Jeff Suppan

I think I am weak in pitching (and possibly steals... though Utley and Holliday should get 15 or so, and hopefully lots from Taveras). I like my power a lot (I could not believe Vlad fell to 8th). Also I plan on benching Helton on the road against good starters (and playing Shelton or Swisher if either has a favorable matchup). What do you guys think?
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:11 am

I think your offense looks good powerwise. I think SB's is probably going to be your lowest offensive output, but still not much to worry about thanks to Taveras. Your pitching looks decent but not too exceptional. I really like Harden and Smoltz. Your RP is probably the spot on your team where you could upgrade the most. Then again, depending on what Ray does, you might be OK. Hopefully Daniel Cabrera pans out with Mazzone as his coach (I'm hoping the same thing for my team). I think you'll definitely be towards the top of your league, just not sure about 1st place.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MikeBradley08 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:06 am

Definetly try for another good starter, Harden is injured and may miss the beginning of the season, so go after someone good. Also, see if you could get Curt Schilling at a very small price, don't give up too much for him, he was injured last year, and will probably rebound for a great year this year, but the stats won't give him a high value.

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=169856
MikeBradley08
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Allegreenery » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:25 am

luckygehrig wrote:I think your offense looks good powerwise. I think SB's is probably going to be your lowest offensive output, but still not much to worry about thanks to Taveras. Your pitching looks decent but not too exceptional. I really like Harden and Smoltz. Your RP is probably the spot on your team where you could upgrade the most. Then again, depending on what Ray does, you might be OK. Hopefully Daniel Cabrera pans out with Mazzone as his coach (I'm hoping the same thing for my team). I think you'll definitely be towards the top of your league, just not sure about 1st place.

i was thinkin about going on that roadtrip as well...how long did it take you, and how much did it cost you?
Allegreenery
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 20)

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:53 pm

Allegreenery wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:I think your offense looks good powerwise. I think SB's is probably going to be your lowest offensive output, but still not much to worry about thanks to Taveras. Your pitching looks decent but not too exceptional. I really like Harden and Smoltz. Your RP is probably the spot on your team where you could upgrade the most. Then again, depending on what Ray does, you might be OK. Hopefully Daniel Cabrera pans out with Mazzone as his coach (I'm hoping the same thing for my team). I think you'll definitely be towards the top of your league, just not sure about 1st place.

i was thinkin about going on that roadtrip as well...how long did it take you, and how much did it cost you?

I'm actually working on a series of articles for the Cafe about that right now. Keep your eyes open for more details.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:03 pm

Nice job getting Vlad at 8. ;-D I would suggest playing with what you have, see if one of your 1Bs gets on a hot streak, then look to get a SP out of him.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team