Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which baskeball do you like better?

College
86%
NBA
14%

Total votes : 50

Postby dream_017 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:10 am

College by far. Is there still a thing called the NBA?
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:21 am

You didn't give an option for neither. Seriously, though, I hate what basketball has become nowadays. I try to watch now and then, but I quickly turn the channel when I realize it is basketball and the players seem to only care how they look on the court instead of how their team is doing. The most selfish athletes play basketball imo, as evidenced by their constant complaining about money, wardrobe or "I don't get the ball enough". I know there are these bad apples in football and baseball as well, but it seems more common in basketball.

If I had to pick one, though, I'd choose college, which I did.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby logan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:23 am

i used to love the NBA but now if i do watch a basketball game (which the only ones i watch during the season are louisville games. not that great of a thing this year) are college. march madness is pretty cool(even though it looks like i wont have a team in it this year :,-( )
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:33 am

College and it is not really close. At least in college, they play defense and actually care to win the game before the last 6 minutes.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jzfran » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:15 pm

Let me first say that I am a huge basketball fan at all levels. However, the pro game, as people have noted is the league without the defense. Some NBA games are good, like last week's double OT thriller with Boston and Cleveland and Lebron and Pierce going point for point the whole way. However, it is apparent in the NBA that the people play for the money. There is little sense of team loyalty and very few players care what the fans think of them. Most only care about the $$$. College hoops, on the other hand, is full of intense conference battles and crazy homecourt advantages. Upsets happen, and games are always close. Players play hard the whole game, not just the last 6 mintues like the NBA. Also, college players want to represent their schools well. Players are willing to dive for loose balls, take charges, etc. When was the last time you saw an NBA player stand and take a charge?

In one word if you didnt want to read all that : COLLEGE
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:31 pm

NBA stinks :-t

I was never a big basketball fan in general but my girlfriend loves college basketball especially maryland..so I watch it now and again..And the tourney is awesome ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby tal1286 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:14 pm

I love college basketball and going to Georgetown games are some of the best things I've done this year, especially when we stormed the court after beating Duke. I like NBA to a degree but its hard to be interested when my team (the bulls) sucks so badly.

Oh and I wish I had the link but I read an article on ESPN i believe that dispelled the myth that NBA players don't play defense. And as far as I can tell, I would think it would be extremely difficult to play defense on someone who is quick and can shoot no matter how good of an athlete you are. Offensive players have a huge advantage in any sport cause mostly, you know where you are going and the defense has to pick a direction. In my opinion, I would think that as athletes get better, the advantage goes further and further to the offense because if you have the package of shooting, and the ability to drive, how is anybody going to be able to guard you, no matter how hard you play.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 3 run homer » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:13 pm

Well I'm sure this sentiment has been stated, but I didn't read through all the responses.
I like college more in the march madness, but if I have to watch durring regular season, I'd prefer to watch pro. However, if the match up in a college game is MD vs Duke, or nort carolina, those are good for me. So I voted NBA but really could go either way.
That said, who really cares.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kentx12 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:16 pm

I couldnt tell you the last time I watched an NBA game but I watch college basketball every night thru the season. GO DUKE ;-D

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:48 pm

Tell your firend he's stupid :-B

But seriously, the NBA is a slow-paced big name proffesional sport. I love to watch college because they play faster and TRY..

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk