Give me 3 names you are having a tough time ranking. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Give me 3 names you are having a tough time ranking.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eviljoshing » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:52 pm

1) Eric Chavez - Last year a sign of decline?
2. Aubrey Huff - Was he merely unhappy or is he already getting worse?
3. Vernon Well - 27. More lineup protection. Please hit. For the love of God.
eviljoshing
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:12 pm

clemens, bonds, beltre. i have no idea what to do with clemens. one of the best SP if he plays, but he may not play. even if he does play you cant be certain how much of the season he will play.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby tuckerman85 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:55 pm

thegambler wrote:Daniel Cabrera-Every time I see on the Orioles on the Extra Innings package they talk about Cabrera stuff and if he can harness his stuff he will be unhittable. Can he stillbe considered young or is he what he is? I have him in a salaried keeper league and it costs me $0 to keep him but should I use his roster spot for another prospect.

I say keep him, I like his stuff and his pitching style. Kinda reminds me of Carpenter, Zambrano, Halladay just cuz his physique and high k totals and ground ball outs.

My three

Aubrey Huff - had him last year and hardly ever played him, guy just doesnt seem to have any pop left in his step

Upton - this depends on keeper league or season

Clint Barmes - Was last years start a fluke? or is he really going to be that good once he gets a healthy year in
tuckerman85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:09 pm

Mostly injured players from 05:

Bonds, Gagne, Rolen jump to mind. Also players who really had a disappointing season: Chavez, Blalock, Beltre...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ukrneal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:05 am

Interesting thread. Bonds is probably on everyone's mind, but I have decided for myself where he should be (out of sight and out of mind).

I think some other players are difficult:

1. Alfonso Soriano. I'm surprised no one mentioned him yet. Some are saying don't touch. Others saying easy second round. I'm not sure where he should really fall. I keep flip=flopping, which probably means I'll let someone else take the risk (unless he falls way down).

2. Rickie Weeks. I just don't buy the hype on him, but the upside is still intriguing.

3. Brett Myers. I hated this guy in past years and he finally shows a little promise. I'm not convinced it isn't just a glitch in mediocrity.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TB13 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:26 am

1. Brad Wilkerson - Like others, I cannot decide what round is reaching for him too early, when he should be taken or what round he is a steal at.
2. Felipe Lopez - Is he a top 5, 5 cat second baseman or isn't he? Should him and Giles have equal billing?
3. Chad Tracy - See Wilkerson questions
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkooljr1 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:02 pm

TB13 wrote:1. Brad Wilkerson - Like others, I cannot decide what round is reaching for him too early, when he should be taken or what round he is a steal at.
2. Felipe Lopez - Is he a top 5, 5 cat second baseman or isn't he? Should him and Giles have equal billing?

Project the players, make dollar values, and the values will tell you where they rank and what round is too early, late, or just right.
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:11 pm

mkooljr1 wrote:
TB13 wrote:1. Brad Wilkerson - Like others, I cannot decide what round is reaching for him too early, when he should be taken or what round he is a steal at.

Project the players, make dollar values, and the values will tell you where they rank and what round is too early, late, or just right.

I think projecting them is what people are having problems with! :-?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby San D » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:17 pm

A few different ones...

Morgan Ensberg - I think he's for real, but he's only done this well once.
Joe Mauer - I can't decide whether to reach for him or not. I keep thinking the power he showed a couple of years ago will appear.
Bobby Crosby - Made great strides in contact but still only hit .270-something. SLG% went up but HR ratio went down.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TB13 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:28 pm

J35J wrote:I think projecting them is what people are having problems with! :-?

That is basically the problem.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers