Give me 3 names you are having a tough time ranking. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Give me 3 names you are having a tough time ranking.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Give me 3 names you are having a tough time ranking.

Postby hooligan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:33 am

cannonarm21 wrote:1) Travis Hafner
He doesn't seem to be too far off of what Ortiz can do, and he seems to only be getting better. I just cannot decide where this guy should be drafted.

2) Mark Prior
If he was healthy every year, he would probably be ranked up by Santana. There are just so many safer picks rather then taking a chance on Prior

3) Victor Martinez
He is a standout player at a very weak position. But being a catcher you will be missing him at least once a week.

Just a note, I'm hearing a lot of fuss out of Cleveland that the plan right now is to have Martinez at 1B on days he's not catching. Obviously, DH is not an option because of Hafner.......
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby Halo Homers » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:35 am

1) Miguel Cabrera - With the way the Marlins lineup was gutted, pluls Cabrera's attitude towards the Marlins at the end of last year, I wonder if he's worth a 1st round pick he is projected at.

2) Felix Hernandez - I think he is being overrated in most mocks. Being picked ahead of some really good SP.

3) Mark Prior - Injury history makes it hard to figure him out.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby jmbdeuce » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:15 am

hooligan1 wrote:
cannonarm21 wrote:1) Travis Hafner
He doesn't seem to be too far off of what Ortiz can do, and he seems to only be getting better. I just cannot decide where this guy should be drafted.

2) Mark Prior
If he was healthy every year, he would probably be ranked up by Santana. There are just so many safer picks rather then taking a chance on Prior

3) Victor Martinez
He is a standout player at a very weak position. But being a catcher you will be missing him at least once a week.

Just a note, I'm hearing a lot of fuss out of Cleveland that the plan right now is to have Martinez at 1B on days he's not catching. Obviously, DH is not an option because of Hafner.......

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/1 ... tstory.jsp

Hafner may be playing some games at 1B as well & Victor DH so as to keep Victor's bat in the lineup every day while giving him a break from behind the plate. Victor may play a touch at 1st but its obvious Wedge doesn't want him catching 140 games like he did last year. This is good because it may give Victor some additional AB's as well as make Hafner 1B eligible by the end of the year.
"TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
jmbdeuce
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WittyC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:52 am

jmbdeuce wrote:http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/1 ... tstory.jsp

Hafner may be playing some games at 1B as well & Victor DH so as to keep Victor's bat in the lineup every day while giving him a break from behind the plate. Victor may play a touch at 1st but its obvious Wedge doesn't want him catching 140 games like he did last year. This is good because it may give Victor some additional AB's as well as make Hafner 1B eligible by the end of the year.

Great find! ;-D

Of course, Jason Kendall was 31 last year, and he had no problems squatting behind the plate in 147 games! B-)
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:09 am

Bonds

Beltre

Unit

hoopitup21212 wrote:Hafner I don’t care for and I wouldn’t go after him ASAP when you can get better elsewhere.

Why don't you care for Hafner and what do you mean by "get better elsewhere". Roughly speaking where would you take him?

BronXBombers51 wrote:1. Barry Bonds

2. Brian Roberts

3. Felipe Lopez

I agree with 1 and 2. Why #3?
Last edited by nuggets on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:13 am

ayebatter wrote:Palmeiro

Urbina

Lima

:-b

What about Sosa?
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby JakeTrain72 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:03 am

1. The entire middle of the pack at 3b is all up in the air to me.

2. Carlos Beltran- how much of a rebound? will he rebound at all?

3. Carl Crawford- (depending on league) numbers say he goes in the first, but does he steal a ton or have more power numbers?
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:41 am

nuggets wrote:Bonds

Beltre

Unit

hoopitup21212 wrote:Hafner I don’t care for and I wouldn’t go after him ASAP when you can get better elsewhere.

Why don't you care for Hafner and what do you mean by "get better elsewhere". Roughly speaking where would you take him?

BronXBombers51 wrote:1. Barry Bonds

2. Brian Roberts

3. Felipe Lopez

I agree with 1 and 2. Why #3?

I'm having trouble deciding what type of numbers he'll post next year. Will he be a solid 5-cat performer again? Will he dropoff? Where would you take him among 2B and among SS?

I'm just really confused by him.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby thegambler » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:38 pm

Daniel Cabrera-Every time I see on the Orioles on the Extra Innings package they talk about Cabrera stuff and if he can harness his stuff he will be unhittable. Can he stillbe considered young or is he what he is? I have him in a salaried keeper league and it costs me $0 to keep him but should I use his roster spot for another prospect.

BJ Upton also a free keeper in a salaried league. I am keeping him regardless but am curious about what he will be inn a few years. What tier SS will Upton be when he is what he is?

Aaron Boone everyday 3rd basemen? Still with the Indians?
thegambler Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthias » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:31 pm

what about roger dodger?

i'm tempted to throw clemens out as the first name at my auction just to see people say, "awwww crap"
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers