Give me 3 names you are having a tough time ranking. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Give me 3 names you are having a tough time ranking.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannahann » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:15 pm

I look at lots of differnt projection sources and the players who are toughest for me are the ones who get projected all over the map. Thinkspin hit on that with Rickie Weeks, he's definately one of them. Another guy that I see projected real high by some and way down by others is Adrian Beltre. My take is both of these guys might come cheaper than they produce.
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:32 pm

Beltre is someone I'm having a real tough time with...We have all seen his upside, and I think that where he is being taken this year makes it really easy to take a risk on him......However, there are about 10 or more guys you can rank ahead of him at that possition...SO the question is, do you want to spend top dollar on guys like wright, cabrera, or ARAM, or grab mediocre 3B in the middle of the draft like Glaus, Cantu, Chavez, Blalock, Chipper, and Ensberg, or settle on Beltre in the 11-15 round who is capable of putting up monster numbers, but may disapoint....

I'm very tempted to wait and scoop up Beltre late this year.....I can see .275/27/108....
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby speedy27 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:33 pm

1. Kerry Wood

2. Troy Glaus

3. Mark Loretta and Mike Lowell
speedy27
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:42 pm

Josh Willingham

Kazmir

McCann
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby nsulham » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:50 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:Kazmir

Because you think he could make a leap this year or because he's being overhyped a bit? You always bring the goods so I'm interested in your thoughts on him.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:31 am

nsulham wrote:

Because you think he could make a leap this year or because he's being overhyped a bit? You always bring the goods so I'm interested in your thoughts on him.

All of the above. He's obviously a great contributor on Ks and should be good for ERA. I think TB could surprise people, making him possibly a decent contributor in wins with some run support. But, I can also see that team being just as bad, and him not winning 10 games. And then WHIP projections are all over the map; I've seen everything from 1.25 to 1.55. His comps on baseballreference are horrible, but to do what he has done at 20 and 21 is pretty amazing.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Drunken Rhino » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:21 am

Brad Wilkerson - tough to gage how Texas will benefit him with what round he's a steal of pick.

Barmes - Coming back from injury this year.

Felix - Not completely sold that he's all that, but hard to dispute his 1.00 WHIP over what? 8 starts last year? Seen him as high and seen him middle.

As for the Hafner thing, if he qualified at 1B he's a 2-4th rounder. As a Util, drops a round 3-5th.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WittyC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:05 am

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
nsulham wrote:

All of the above. He's obviously a great contributor on Ks and should be good for ERA. I think TB could surprise people, making him possibly a decent contributor in wins with some run support. But, I can also see that team being just as bad, and him not winning 10 games. And then WHIP projections are all over the map; I've seen everything from 1.25 to 1.55. His comps on baseballreference are horrible, but to do what he has done at 20 and 21 is pretty amazing.

Kazmir was a great choice for this list, because he could either be ready to break out, or he could continue to pitch in mediocrity. I'm really on the fence with him as well.

Here are mine:

1) Ivan Rodriguez - The average will obviously come up from .276, but by how much? And will the RBI totals follow suit?

2) Troy Glaus - If not for the injury concerns, would he really be worth much less than Adam Dunn? Moving out of the BOB, but into a slightly better lineup.

3) Jose Guillen - Home/road splits are ridiculous, and I'm not real sure what to make of it. Still just 29 and will be playing for the same team two years in a row for first time since '02-'03.

Oh, and no one mentioned Giambi, but he's a no-brainer for this discussion just like Bonds is.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ayebatter » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:08 am

Palmeiro

Urbina

Lima
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby hooligan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:31 am

Felipe Lopez

Johjima

Glaus
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers