Carl Crawford.... 1st round material? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carl Crawford.... 1st round material?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mkooljr1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:35 pm

Bukoski77 wrote:That would decrese his Hr's a little and RBI's probably alot.

How would his place in the batting order affect his HRs? I don't want to hear that his "job" is to get on base and not hit homers hitting lead off, or he won't be trying to hit homers. A hitter's job is to create runs, it doesn't change based on your spot in the lineup. Since a HR is guaranteed to score at least 1 run, a hitter should do whatever necessary to create the highest number of runs possible based on his skills.
mkooljr1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:24 pm

yea i got crawford #11 in my keeper.... and he has had 2 straight very solid years so he has proven he can play

I just joined a keeper league (6 keepers) this year and overhauled the team I was given with young keepers. Gave up a 2nd and a 3rd in this year's draft from Crawford, a 6th and a 9th. Couldn't be happier here...he was a great player for me in a couple keepers last year. You just can't undervalue what he does for you in steals (especially in a roto league but even in h2h) while helping out or at least not hurting in every other category.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers