Why cant Huff play 3B, move Gomes to 1B? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Why cant Huff play 3B, move Gomes to 1B?

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 04, 2006 1:18 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:What more is there to come with when talking about Gomes and KOS.Its the first month of the season and his rate will probably go down so you are blowing it a bit out of proportion.Its his fault that Crawford has been sucking and not getting on base?What about Cantu and Lugo being hurt.He has also had absolutely no protetion in that lineup.Huffs been hurt and Baldelli has yet to step onto the field.I understand about wanting produtive outs but he has probably been trying a little to hard with those guys out of the lineup.If I am not mistaken he has also been pitched around quite a few a times and has also drawn a decent amount of walks.The RBIs will come when those guys get back into the lineup.I say he still ends up with .260-35-110 with a possibility of hitting over 40 HRs so I wouldnt call that worthless.Also of course you would jump on a trade with Gomes because the DRays have absolutely no PITCHING

:-D :-D
A few things though.

Its the first month of the season and his rate will probably go down so you are blowing it a bit out of proportion.

His K rate "should" definitely go down, but if he continues to swing for the fences with 2 strikes, guess what,,, his K rate will stay extremely high. I also don't think his rate of a homer per 8.5 at bats will keep up for the entire year either.

If I am not mistaken he has also been pitched around quite a few a times and has also drawn a decent amount of walks.

He does have 23 walks in 28 games, so he is averagin close to a walk a game, but I don't think I would say he is being pitched around much either as he only has 1 IBB.

Also of course you would jump on a trade with Gomes because the DRays have absolutely no PITCHING

No pitching?? :-D Well we are 12th in the AL in pitching ERA so far this year, so at least we are progressing. But I would take young bats for Gomes as well as pitching. A nice 1b or 3b would be a nice pickup for Gomes as well.

I say he still ends up with .260-35-110

:-? :-? We went through all of this for 10 points of batting average. I also don't think he will have quite that many rbis, mainly to the fact of his all or nothing swing at the plate. Lugo, Baldelli, and Huff should be back soon, and Crawford will heat up, so then we will just have to see if Mr. Gomes can produce with some RBIs instead of just the home run. I also would not be suprised if he stays healthy all year, if he is indeed challenging for a record in September, but it may very well be Rob Deers AL record for most strikeouts in a season.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu May 04, 2006 6:26 pm

I undrestand maybe you are trying to have faith in the DRays staff but come on Kazmir is about all they have.The DRays might have the worse bullpen in baseball
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 04, 2006 9:36 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:I undrestand maybe you are trying to have faith in the DRays staff but come on Kazmir is about all they have.The DRays might have the worse bullpen in baseball

No we are actually 12th in the American League in ERA. Both Kansas City and Minnesota have a worse ERA then the Devil Rays do. Our pitching staff is a at least another year away from being middle of the pack and more then likely closer to 2008. We have about 12-15 good live arms in the minors even though most of them are in the low minors that hopefully can make an impact in a few years to get our team ERA into the 4.2 range.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:34 pm

u saw the reason huf shouldn't be at third today, he lost us the game. He has a hole in his glove, wherever he plays.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TurdFerguson » Sun May 07, 2006 10:18 pm

2 three hit games for Gomes this weekend.I would say he is pretty good
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:51 am

TurdFerguson wrote:2 three hit games for Gomes this weekend.I would say he is pretty good

he won us the game yesterday, he is absolutley good.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed May 10, 2006 12:50 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:2 three hit games for Gomes this weekend.I would say he is pretty good

Well I could go back to the 3 games before that when he went 0 for 11 with 7 strikeouts and say, dang he is pretty bad. Very small sample size there to try and prove any kind of point.
raiders_umpire

Postby TurdFerguson » Fri May 12, 2006 1:20 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:

Well I could go back to the 3 games before that when he went 0 for 11 with 7 strikeouts and say, dang he is pretty bad. Very small sample size there to try and prove any kind of point.
Yeah a month and a half into the season is a small sample.Are you thinking never slumps like Pujols?
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun May 14, 2006 9:43 am

TurdFerguson wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

Yeah a month and a half into the season is a small sample.Are you thinking never slumps like Pujols?

:-? :-? Have you not read any of my posts? :-t :-t
raiders_umpire

Postby TurdFerguson » Sun May 14, 2006 11:06 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:

:-? :-? Have you not read any of my posts? :-t :-t
Its just funny that a DRay fan such as yourself could call this guy worthless :-t .Yet another HR last night, the only guy in the lineup that seems to be producing anything.I know you want productive out believe me I know it sucks I have him and Dunn on my team
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Tampa Bay Rays