arod, pujols, vlad, tex, manny, big papi....then who's next? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

arod, pujols, vlad, tex, manny, big papi....then who's next?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cafes Pete Rose » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:47 am

BritSox wrote:
ramble2 wrote:
Interesting that nobody's mentioned Hafner. If you put Ortiz at #6, then Hafner will be an absolute steal at number 13 or 14 (or wherever he might get drafted in the 2nd round).

Really? I thought i was reaching a bit when i took him late third. This, of course, may have a lot to do with me then also taking Helton in the fourth (couldn't resist so late) and ending up with no pitching.

I'd rank:

7. santana
8. cabrera
9. Lee
10. Tejada
11. Bay
12. Abreu
13. Crawford
14. Young
15. Wright

I likely won't be drafting Santana inside of the 1st Round because I'm fundamentally opposed to drafting a pitcher as my biggest producer but this order is pretty good I think.

Overall I think Derrek Lee is getting a little disrespected, same for Tejada and David Wright getting a little too much love. Clearly Lee won't produce like last year but if you average his career #s with last year it's still top 10 production, not to mention he has a track record of solid seasons and a bandbox of a ballpark. Wright still plays in Shea (Which eats homers, trust me, I'm a NYer and have been there plenty of times, just ask Piazza). He's not really a homerun hitter.

Those are just my 2 cents. Don't hate on the new guy ; )
Cafes Pete Rose
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:08 pm

Cafes Pete Rose wrote:
BritSox wrote:
ramble2 wrote:
Interesting that nobody's mentioned Hafner. If you put Ortiz at #6, then Hafner will be an absolute steal at number 13 or 14 (or wherever he might get drafted in the 2nd round).

Really? I thought i was reaching a bit when i took him late third. This, of course, may have a lot to do with me then also taking Helton in the fourth (couldn't resist so late) and ending up with no pitching.

I'd rank:

7. santana
8. cabrera
9. Lee
10. Tejada
11. Bay
12. Abreu
13. Crawford
14. Young
15. Wright

I likely won't be drafting Santana inside of the 1st Round because I'm fundamentally opposed to drafting a pitcher as my biggest producer but this order is pretty good I think.

Overall I think Derrek Lee is getting a little disrespected, same for Tejada and David Wright getting a little too much love. Clearly Lee won't produce like last year but if you average his career #s with last year it's still top 10 production, not to mention he has a track record of solid seasons and a bandbox of a ballpark. Wright still plays in Shea (Which eats homers, trust me, I'm a NYer and have been there plenty of times, just ask Piazza). He's not really a homerun hitter.

Those are just my 2 cents. Don't hate on the new guy ; )

Welcome to the cafe. But your statement couldn't be further from the truth on Wright. In 2004, Wright hit 32 HR and 52 2B combined in AA, AAA, MLB as a 21 year old. In 2005, he hit 27 HR, 42 2B in MLB. He has real power and as he fills out, he will hit for even more.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ferris182 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:01 pm

7. Crawford
8. Cabrera
9. Santana
10. Abreu
11. Tejada
12. Young