Trivia Time Trial Rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

Trivia Time Trial Rules

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

Re: Trivia Time Trial Rules

Postby mclusky » Sat May 31, 2008 4:23 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:In this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=347940&p=2778378#p2778378

I am unable to award credit for a correct answer, even after the deadline. Can someone help me out?

All the active question threads are invisible to me for some reason. :-S
mclusky
College Coach
College Coach

Trivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat May 31, 2008 7:24 pm

mclusky wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:In this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=347940&p=2778378#p2778378

I am unable to award credit for a correct answer, even after the deadline. Can someone help me out?

All the active question threads are invisible to me for some reason. :-S

Yeah, I can't get to the point where I can answer any new Qs either :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:46 pm

The admins have been notified. We will update you as soon as any information becomes available.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby menyak » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:45 pm

Tavish wrote:The admins have been notified. We will update you as soon as any information becomes available.

Haha, I fixed a bug - seems like I fixed it to well. :D Thanks for the note, should be working again now. ;D
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:49 pm

So what happens with those of us who were locked out, came back...oh about an hour and half later and inserted the answer?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby menyak » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:09 pm

jfg wrote:So what happens with those of us who were locked out, came back...oh about an hour and half later and inserted the answer?

Well at least you had enough time to do the research. :-B
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jfg » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:30 pm

I never saw the question until it was fixed.... So, at 3:30 or whatever my clock started ticking but I didn't actually see the question until an hour and a half later.

No big deal, it's just a game.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby menyak » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:45 am

jfg wrote:I never saw the question until it was fixed.... So, at 3:30 or whatever my clock started ticking but I didn't actually see the question until an hour and a half later.

No big deal, it's just a game.

Yes I'm aware - was just trying to see the humorous side. O:-)

Rest assured that I'm sorry that this happened, and that I'm a stickler for fairness in the Cafe's games. My problem is though that I don't see a fair solution here. I mean I can take 90 minutes off your total times, but that'll still leave you with little chance against those folks with the 30 seconds replies. I can't really lock those questions either, because it would be unfair to those who asked the question (remember that they also get a point for asking the question). In the end I'm chalking it off as force majeure (like the server going down before you hit reply), but if anyone has a better (=fairer) idea I'm all open ears.

(And I know you said it's no big deal, just showing off that I put some thought into this. :-b )
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Trivia Time Trial