Trivia Time Trial Rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

Trivia Time Trial Rules

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

Re: Trivia Time Trial Rules

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Scoots#5 wrote:i have no doubt i'm doing something wrong here - but i don't see any threads that i can't get to? and hence i don't see any threads where i can answer questions? I'm pretty sure (having just read through all the posts) that i need to post a question b4 i can answer questions - but i guess i need clarification. Sorry about this one - i seriously read the rules ike 3 times - just can't get me head around this part of the game... :~(

Ill try my best to explain whats up with the game, just bear with me ;-D

First of all, keep in mind that any questions asked or answered before the start of the regular season will not count in the official standings for icons, etc. You are, however, more than welcome to give it a try run and figure out how the game works before the 25th.

You can answer any open questions whenever you want - there just aren't any right now - if they say "(answered)" after the topic title, then that means that they are closed and cannot be further answered. I believe you can comment on the results, etc after they are closed, but that is it.

Also, you can also open a question to be answered whenever you want - just click the "new topic" button and you will start a new thread where you can post a well-researched question with a verifiable answer. You then need to title your post as something clever that has to do with the answer, or the answer itself (this will be hidden to all people until they answer the question, and will show up as the deadline date for answering instead).

After you answer your question, you need to go back and make a second post with the correct answer - this will only be visible to those who have already answered the question either correctly or incorrectly.

When you are answering someone else's question, the timer starts as soon as you open the topic for the question. You can use any means necessary to find the answer as quickly as possible and then hit "reply" and type in your answer. As soon as you hit "submit", the timer stops - fastest answer wins a point.

Here is the kicker, that might have had you confused - you can only have credit for as many correct answers as the number of questions you have asked. So, if you have answered 3 questions correctly and faster than anyone else at the time they are locked, you have 3 points waiting in the wings. If you haven't asked any questions though, your points are frozen until you can come up with 3 questions of your own that other people can answer. Once you ask three or more questions, you will get your points - you can always build up "credit" by asking more questions than you have currently answered correctly though...

Well, that is about all I have aside from giving away tips/strategies ;-) - I hope this helped ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm

trivia expert of the month but no icon? what gives?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:trivia expert of the month but no icon? what gives?

I figured the Trivia Expert thing above the avatar went into effect automatically at midnight last night, but the icons need to be added manually. Hopefully that's the case and we'll be getting them shortly. :-) B-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CheeseBeger » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:33 pm

I don't think march counts
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:47 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:I don't think march counts

Ahh damn, I just read the icon description and I guess you're right.

Although the season did start in March this year. }:-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:04 am

teddy ballgame wrote:

da rules wrote:During the regular season (April through September), each month's top scorer will also receive a monthly winner icon. Let the games begin...

The Time Trial season starts April. :-b

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:07 am

I meant the baseball regular season.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Questions are now open for a week and 5 hours? Has it always been like that?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 255)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:49 pm

Tavish wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

da rules wrote:During the regular season (April through September), each month's top scorer will also receive a monthly winner icon. Let the games begin...

The Time Trial season starts April. :-b

:,-(

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat May 31, 2008 11:15 am

In this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=347940&p=2778378#p2778378

I am unable to award credit for a correct answer, even after the deadline. Can someone help me out?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Trivia Time Trial