Trivia Time Trial Rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Trivia Time Trial

Trivia Time Trial Rules

Moderator: Baseball Trivia Mods

Re: Question

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:29 am

ukrneal wrote:What if you are in a different time zone and are asleep at 6PM and can't indicate correct answers until 2AM EST? Is there either: a way to handle this or a person to whom both the questions and answers can be sent so that the answers can be posted in a timely manner?

I'm afraid not, but this shouldn't be a problem. If you verify answers the next day, that's fine, and there won't be any difference in the standings. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby paulman8 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:01 pm

what happens if the person asking the question thinks that there is only one answer, but in fact there are 2. If someone guesses the other answer first, shouldnt they be awarded the correct answer? Or do both players get it some how? (the guy who guessed the correct answer first and the guy who guessed the correct answer that the person asking the question wanted) Is this taken care of by moderators some how? It might not seem like this is a common occurence, but it just happened to me in the no-hitters post. I'm just wondering what the ruling is on this. Thanks for hearing me out.
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby menyak » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:03 pm

paulman8 wrote:what happens if the person asking the question thinks that there is only one answer, but in fact there are 2. If someone guesses the other answer first, shouldnt they be awarded the correct answer? Or do both players get it some how? (the guy who guessed the correct answer first and the guy who guessed the correct answer that the person asking the question wanted) Is this taken care of by moderators some how? It might not seem like this is a common occurence, but it just happened to me in the no-hitters post. I'm just wondering what the ruling is on this. Thanks for hearing me out.

Sorry for the late reply. Came back from vacation a couple of days ago and am slowly but surely digging my way through my inbox. :-°

Generally, the person who asks the question is the judge in that particular thread. We don't overrule him unless he messes up completely (e.g. requiring Elvis Presley as the correct answer :-] ). In this case, Posada said that he used ESPN and a second almanac as sources, so that's what his question is based on.

I'm aware that in a judicial sense, your answer may be right, too, but if I award you a point, the game will become unplayable, so it's pretty much a matter of principle. I'd say that's quite similar to the trivia games from your toy store: more than once did we come across a card where the "official" answer was doubtful, but after endless discussions we finally agreed that the answer printed on the card should stand. That ended all discussions, made the game more fun and quicker, too. (And what goes around comes around - it's the same situation for everyone.)

Paul, I hope my answer makes sense - if it does, we'll add another paragraph to the rules. If you would like to discuss this any further, just go ahead.

P.S. Of course it would be best to have an official game judge - but then, that person would not be allowed to play himself. ;-7
"Never argue with an idiot. People won't know who's who."
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby catcher-03 » Fri May 06, 2005 7:07 am

I would like to start participating if it is possible, if not it's ok.
catcher-03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Trivia Blitz Rules

Postby menyak » Fri May 06, 2005 7:27 am

Arlo wrote:HOW TO PLAY: Whenever a new trivia question is submitted by one of the other players, it is automatically PMed to your Trivia Box (available as a folder in your private messages section). The PM will also contain a link to a reply thread where you can submit the correct answer. (There will be no email notifications or PM notification popups for new trivia questions.)

What makes you think you need to ask in order to participate? :-? That's an honest question btw. - if it's not clear by the rules, we can improve them. Thanks! ;-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LooseCannon » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:18 pm

I think the rules are pretty clear...I get the jist.
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bball123 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:13 am

I don't understand where is the question because it says the question will remain hiden........
bball123
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:22 am

bball123 wrote:I don't understand where is the question because it says the question will remain hiden........

Go to your Private Message box. The far right tab should be Trivia. Just go in the and play the game ;-D Make sure you answer ones that the deadline hasn't passed on.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ramzavail » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:07 pm

Is it possible to open the trivia box, go to a question, see the question, close out of the question, look it up and then go back into the question and answer it ASAP?

Just wondering if theres a loop hole there.
Ramzavail
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:01 pm

Ramzavail wrote:Is it possible to open the trivia box, go to a question, see the question, close out of the question, look it up and then go back into the question and answer it ASAP?

Just wondering if theres a loop hole there.

No. Once you open the question in the box, the timer starts and continues until the question is answered.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Trivia Time Trial