Complex, Revolutionary New League Seeks Owners and Webmaster - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Complex, Revolutionary New League Seeks Owners and Webmaster

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Complex, Revolutionary New League Seeks Owners and Webmaster

Postby TheBSsymphony » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:13 pm

Potential Owners,

Over the past few years, I've served as the commissioner of a pair of elaborate leagues, one a sim league (the FHFS) that was built around a simulation engine and involved all the aspects of running a real Major-League franchise: Majors, minors, trading, lineups, rotations, waiver wire, amateur draft, etc. With 30 owners, it was a daunting task to get off the ground, but worked quite well for a number of years.

I also ran a traditional fantasy league at Yahoo during this time, which was fun, but lacking in complexity

I have decided to combine the best features of both into a new structure. This league will involve semi-traditional fantasy rosters and scoring (via head to head matchups), but with some twists. Most notably:

Owners will each have a six-man minor-league fantasy roster, made up of players yet to accumulate a certain number of AB or IP in the majors. This will be tracked on the league website. Owners will have the option of keeping some of these players from year to year, in addition to some of their Major-League stars.

There will be more differences. The scoring system will focus on on-base percentage and total bases a bit more than most. Think of it as sabermetrics in moderation, but certainly enough to capture the essence of what makes a player truly valuable and what doesn't. There will be 15 teams in this league, split into 3 divisions, each with 25-man rosters. More details to follow.

If you want in on this new league, please leave your e-mail address and AOL IM screen name.

Also, if you would be willing to serve as webmaster for a relatively basic supplementary league website, let me know that as well.

Mike
mailto:thebssymphony@aol.com
TheBSsymphony
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

So Far...

Postby TheBSsymphony » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:08 pm

3 e-mails. Still looking for 11 more owners.

- Mike
TheBSsymphony
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds