How's my Minor League pitching staff? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

How's my Minor League pitching staff?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's my Minor League pitching staff?

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:51 pm

I'm rebuilding and got these prospects thrua draft, last years FA period and this years FA period.

Please tell me your thoughts.....

M Cain-05 Draft
J Papelbon-Last years FA dd
M Pelfrey-FA Add this week
TroyPatton-FA ADD this week via trade
J Sowers-FA Add this week via trade
C Billingsley-Last year FA Add
J Zumaya-FA Add last month
Y Petit-Added via a trade
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:25 am

Cain is a monster, I literally believe he will be a #1 in the future because of the fantastic K/IP ratio he has posted in the minors over his young career.

I am still a little uneasy in Billingsley, I'm just not a fan because of the inconsistency.

Papelbon is considered to be a solid option but I really do not know much about him and therefore cannot reallt comment.

I really hate Petit. I'm sorry, I passed him up many times because of his fastball and inconsistency. I think he has a bandwagon going just like all the international players do when they arrive here from that region.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:12 am

I don't really understand the comments about "inconsistency" w/ some of these guys when the same is not said about Cain. How is Cain more consistent than Petit of all the pitching prospects??

Don't get me wrong. I do like Cain more than the others, but just don't understand the "inconsistency" comments.

BTW, MOJ, I think you've done extremely well in building up your pitching for the future. In fact, it's a bit amazing that you've got such a great looking staff of SP prospects there.
Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby hybrid » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:03 am

Sultans of Squat wrote:I don't really understand the comments about "inconsistency" w/ some of these guys when the same is not said about Cain. How is Cain more consistent than Petit of all the pitching prospects??

I'm right with you, I don't get it either.

Anyways you've done a good job with your staff. Billingsley, Cain, and Pelfrey all have very good shots of becoming very good pitchers in the majors and are close to. Then you also have some others that might be a bit further away, but have potential to be pretty good in their own right.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:19 am

thanks guyss for the responses...appreciate it

;-D
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:41 am

You definitely have a top notch pitching minors rotation. You have 2 or 3 guys that could turn into absolute studs in the majors, and then you have a few guys that will turn into nice #2 or #3 SPs as well. ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:53 pm

hybrid wrote:
Sultans of Squat wrote:I don't really understand the comments about "inconsistency" w/ some of these guys when the same is not said about Cain. How is Cain more consistent than Petit of all the pitching prospects??

I'm right with you, I don't get it either.

Anyways you've done a good job with your staff. Billingsley, Cain, and Pelfrey all have very good shots of becoming very good pitchers in the majors and are close to. Then you also have some others that might be a bit further away, but have potential to be pretty good in their own right.

I have not checked up on him this year, last year I was readiong scouting reports on him when it was my turn to draft and scouts refered to his changeup being his means of survival. They claimed his FBs velocity is inconsistent and he relies on the changeup too much. I've never seen him pitch, I am going based on scouting reports here.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Minor League & College Baseball