I REALLY need help. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I REALLY need help.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:57 pm

RotoWorld reported the info below. I would hang onto C. Wilson. Even if he does not start initially, he is goinf to get ABs sooner or later and it could work to your advantage if he gets enough appearances behind the plate to make him C elig. And you have Griffey to slide in at Util anyway who is probably a better option there anyway.

You have 5 reserve pitchers. One of them has to go imo.

Rotoworld:
A healthy Craig Wilson will report early to spring training this week to get in some work behind the plate.
A trade remains a real possibility, and Wilson seems to be doing his best to facilitate a deal by not complaining about his situation. If he stays with the Pirates, he'll probably be a bench player initially, even though it could be argued that he's the team's second-best hitter. "I'm still going to do what I've done the past couple springs," Wilson said. "I'm going to play hard and make it tough for them not to play me. ... I've always gone into the spring with the thought that I'm going to have to earn a spot. Nothing's ever given to you. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still going in there to play hard and get in the lineup."
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Broncmet724 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:59 pm

Youkilis at 3B isn't that great in my opinion. Nor is Craig Wilson worth a roster spot. Also not too sold on Jr as his injury hisltory. Maybe you can trade Jr for a C to someone who values him. Majewski could be dropped for a C. His ERA/WHIP and some holds are nice but you cannot leave a roster position open for a reliever. I just don't get your fascination with McBride who isn't even a sure thing and hasn't pitched much, if at all in the majors.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zito is God » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:04 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:Youkilis at 3B isn't that great in my opinion. Nor is Craig Wilson worth a roster spot. Also not too sold on Jr as his injury hisltory. Maybe you can trade Jr for a C to someone who values him. Majewski could be dropped for a C. His ERA/WHIP and some holds are nice but you cannot leave a roster position open for a reliever. I just don't get your fascination with McBride who isn't even a sure thing and hasn't pitched much, if at all in the majors.

I agree, Youkilis is a terrible option, but I just traded away Hillenbrandt and need someone there. I have alwasy believed he will be a star and walks count in my league as well. McBride is hard to explain, I think everyone on the board knows how high I am on him, maybe just a feeling. I love pitchers with K/IP ratios of over 1, especially RPs. When Braves drafted him I thought he was the future closer, now maybe the future set up man.

Majewski is maybe my best bet because Ayala takes away most of the saves so there is no clear set up man.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:05 pm

Broncmet724 wrote:Youkilis at 3B isn't that great in my opinion. Nor is Craig Wilson worth a roster spot. Also not too sold on Jr as his injury hisltory. Maybe you can trade Jr for a C to someone who values him. Majewski could be dropped for a C. His ERA/WHIP and some holds are nice but you cannot leave a roster position open for a reliever. I just don't get your fascination with McBride who isn't even a sure thing and hasn't pitched much, if at all in the majors.

16 team league and he really can't afford to be cutting any bats imo. I am no fan of Youkalis myself, but someone has to play 3b and even if Huff remains 3b elig, Wilson who may not play or Swisher who pretty much blew last season would have to take over. I would leave the offense alone and lose McBride or Maholm.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Zito is God » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:07 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:

16 team league and he really can't afford to be cutting any bats imo. I am no fan of Youkalis myself, but someone has to play 3b and even if Huff remains 3b elig, Wilson who may not play or Swisher who pretty much blew last season would have to take over. I would leave the offense alone and lose McBride or Maholm.

Whats your take on Maholm's future? In dynasty I mean.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:20 pm

Zito is God wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

Whats your take on Maholm's future? In dynasty I mean.

Not really that up on his situation. His limited duty last season had decent results. Decent K rate in th eminors with decent numbers, though his WHIP was high at AAA. He is suppsoed to be the 4th manint he rotation, so he has a job at least.

McBride on the other hand did not show much in the MLB level or at AAA except for an exceptional K rate. Maybe he is the closer in waiting in Atlanta but I know little of him also. Just he looks like the most expendable of the group on your roster right now.

Who knows though. The guy you cut could step into luck and you will be cursing the day you cut him. Basically part of the game and all you can do is take an educated guess and hope you are right.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers