Anyone else first draft fluster them? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone else first draft fluster them?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone else first draft fluster them?

Postby intense » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:56 pm

I am currently doing my first "practice" draft in a yahoo public league. My 2 money leagues will be thru yahoo with friends, but I see alot of work ahead for me. I did some rankings before this draft and I was often flustered when it came around to me. No closers were taken thru the 4th round so I grabbed Rivera in the 5th, Im not sure if this was a smart move, however I did start a bit of a closer run so I guess thats good. It seems that this year, the mid tier outfielders/pitchers are so close that its really hard to pick one. I also think I held off too long on SP after grabbing Holladay in the 2nd I didn't grab one til Conteras in the 10th.

Anyone else have problems with their first draft?
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:00 pm

Rivera in the 5th is SOLID......But I must say....Waiting until the tenth to pick your second starter could come back to haunt you....You still have a good ace with Halladay, but he could go down and that would be ugly for you...I'd like to see your team...Could you post it? I have my first draft later tonight.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby intense » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:04 pm

Sure, i'll post where im at right now thru the draft... keep in mind this is a public league and Im just doing it for practice.

*** I didnt make this thread for team rating purposes, but rather to see if anyone else is having problems getting flustered.

I had 2nd pick

1. Pujols
2. Holladay
3. Figgins
4. Dunn
5. Rivera.
6. F. Lopez too early? Im not even sure on this guy.
7. Bonds Dont know when hes supposed to go?
8. Isringhausen
9. Floyd
10. Conteras
11. Millwood probably better out there, I know Duke was. got flustered on this pick.
12. Barmes
13. Magglio Ordonez
14. Baez - thought this was good for 14th round?
15. Beltre - is he really this bad?!??!

still going... few rounds left.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:14 pm

assigning specific numerical valuers, or at least creating teir for each opsition, should take away most fo the fluster. ita ll about not having to think much by the time its your pick. if you can create a ranking system that you have confidence in going into the draft, you don't have much to stress about. a good thing to know though is if there are gyus in your rankings that are higher than average that you could let sit for a round or 2 when they come up on your lists.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby BGbootha » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:51 pm

yeah if there is one thing I have learned over the years it is definitly DO ATLEAST TWO OR THREE MOCK DRAFTS BEFORE YOUR MONEY LEAGUES.

I can't eblieve people who don't mock a few times before starting for real.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers