Hermida VS Francoeur - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hermida VS Francoeur

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:47 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:There really isnt anything to discuss with a guy that has a picture of Bonds


Wow. So the hatred of Bonds, now has carried over to a person having a Bonds avatar?

A career .399 oba, to a career .330 oba is close?


oh jeez, this is worse than Politics. :-b :-/

I'd assume a guy with a pic of Bonds know a lot about baseball, a lot more than you, based on the fact the my best friend ever is the craziest stat head I've met face to face and he's worshiped Bonds since before my Sig picture was taken. The dude has OPS+ by year of so many players memorized it's crazy. Oh yea based on that and those that wear them around here. You'll find you can learn more about fantasy baseball from the ones with the SF Giants Bonds pics. Click on the there profiles and then click search all posts by. Avoid all non baseball forums and augments over ethics. ;-) Read away, you have much to learn.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:13 pm

hybrid wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:I have not downgraded Hermida please do not put words in my mouth and where did I say anything about Franc being promoted and Hermida not have anything to do with this post go back and read the post .I said several times that I like Hermida and think its close I just like Franc better.Franc had 250 ab in the majors 300avg 14hr 45rbis anyway you slice and dice it.Hermida still struk out alot anyway you look at it and if you think his numbers were way better in the minors than that is just ludicrous.Hermida had 55 more at bats and put up slightly better numbers you are greatly exagerating.If you think Hermida is a slam dunk over Franc than great but there really isnt any proof to back it up because there minor league stats are very similar.


I say it cause it is the only reason at all why your saying Francouer is a better prospect. Everytime you post you say his success in the majors, which is more like a flash in the pan success over only 150 AB's. Then you asked who got by AA, like for some reason Francouer being called up before Hermida has anything to do them as prospects. I've never said Hermida is a slam dunk, you quoted my post on what I thought of them, it's all right there. I said he is a more well rounded prospect that has less risk, but still has upside. Nothing dealing with prospects is a slam dunk, but looking everything over I'd say the percentages are in my favor on this one.

On their stats in AA, Hermida is plus across the board.
AVG. +.18, OBP +.135, SLG +.31, OPS +.166
Those are all percentages that don't rely on Hermida having extra 50+ AB's. So really the only arguement you have is trying to stick with his 150 Ab sample size in saying he is better than Hermida.
I dont care about OBP it is not a cat in my league so it does not matter and if Franc becomes more patient this year he will easily out perform Hermida.Like I said I will take the Braves over the Marlins staff seven days a week especially the track record the Braves have at producing talent.If you want to compare stats than take the combined stats from both last year Franc more HR,RBI,I think the avg and slg would be about the same.There still isnt as big of a differential in the minor league stats as you make them out to be.Hermidas career minor league avg 284 that isnt that impressive or much better than Fran.I am not a stat guru either I just take in what I see on the field because prospets falter more than not and what Fran did last year was amazing.If you think Hermida will be better than great thats your opinion but I like Franc for the reasons I have already stated and think he has more upside.Compare all the stats you want there isnt that much of a difference and we will see in a April
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:23 pm

I dont care about OBP it is not a cat in my league so it does not matter and if Franc becomes more patient this year he will easily out perform Hermida.

Realize the direct relationship between OBP and fantasy value and how unlikely Franc becoming that much a more disciplined hitter is.

He probably is a better hitter doing things his way. You wouldn't want him to go out and try to walk so much in a tradeoff for power.

.I am not a stat guru either I just take in what I see on the field because prospects falter more than not and what Fran did last year was amazing
Obviously you are like the average fan, you have false impressions about what really is happening on the field. Franc was only "amazing" for relatively a few ABs, then he slumped. It was predictable for such an undisciplined hitter. Players go on hot streaks or receive pitches they won't see again due to unfamiliarity of the pitchers all the time. What have you done lately? isn't as important as what have you done over the last three years?

Compare all the stats you want there isnt that much of a difference
See the thing is, people have been studying stats like you wouldn't believe. The math proves there is a significant difference between their numbers. You are saying the earth is flat while you plug your ears. :-t
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:43 pm

nuggets wrote:
I dont care about OBP it is not a cat in my league so it does not matter and if Franc becomes more patient this year he will easily out perform Hermida.

Realize the direct relationship between OBP and fantasy value and how unlikely Franc becoming that much a more disciplined hitter is.

He probably is a better hitter doing things his way. You wouldn't want him to go out and try to walk so much in a tradeoff for power.

.I am not a stat guru either I just take in what I see on the field because prospects falter more than not and what Fran did last year was amazing
Obviously you are like the average fan, you have false impressions about what really is happening on the field. Franc was only "amazing" for relatively a few ABs, then he slumped. It was predictable for such an undisciplined hitter. Players go on hot streaks or receive pitches they won't see again due to unfamiliarity of the pitchers all the time. What have you done lately? isn't as important as what have you done over the last three years?

Compare all the stats you want there isnt that much of a difference
See the thing is, people have been studying stats like you wouldn't believe. The math proves there is a significant difference between their numbers. You are saying the earth is flat while you plug your ears. :-t
Man you say some idiotic stuff was only good for a few AB what in the hell 300 14 45 over 250 PA.Avg fan and false impressions those are more moronic comments I am just not as big of a dork as you and twirl stats into my head it is the talent I see on the field.ONE MORE TIME HERMIDAS CAREER BA IN THE MINORS 284.Compare there stats from last year will you and tell me who had the better year or will you do some math and come up with more excuses.I love the game but you are just taking the stats to another planet.The math you are proclaiming is from another planet because I have seen there minor league numbers and are very similar or you are using projections wich are that just PREDICTIONS.You are the fantasy baseball dork whos team probably is in last every year because you read way to much into it and dont go with talent you see in from going to games or watching and actually analyzing the palyers ON THE FIELD.Like there swings and there athletic ability how fast there bat speed is or a pitchers mahanics ,velocity and so on.
Last edited by TurdFerguson on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:50 pm

Man you say some idiotic stuff was only good for a few AB what in the hell 300 14 45 over 250 PA.Avg fan and false impressions those are more moronic comments I am just not as big of a dork as you and twirl stats into my head it is the talent I see on the field


I'm supposed to understand this?

You are the fantasy baseball dork whos team probably is in last every year because you read way to much into it and dont go with talent you see in from going to games or watching and actually analyzing the palyers ON THE FIELD.


lol you crack me up. Yes it's typical for people to resort to insults rather than reasoning when they don't understand what is going on or pay enough attention to write understandable sentences or spell words correctly at least a decent portion of the time.
Last edited by nuggets on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:54 pm

nuggets wrote:
Man you say some idiotic stuff was only good for a few AB what in the hell 300 14 45 over 250 PA.Avg fan and false impressions those are more moronic comments I am just not as big of a dork as you and twirl stats into my head it is the talent I see on the field


I'm supposed to understand this?
You wouldnt because you need to lay off the nuggs.Tell me who had the better combined stats last year or make up your excuse what have you done for me lately
Last edited by TurdFerguson on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:57 pm

get along little Turd ( I mean, how ironic is your name :-b )

come back when you are willing to accept reality.

It's really to bad you didn't pay attention when I backed up Franc having a good year.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:03 pm

nuggets wrote:
Man you say some idiotic stuff was only good for a few AB what in the hell 300 14 45 over 250 PA.Avg fan and false impressions those are more moronic comments I am just not as big of a dork as you and twirl stats into my head it is the talent I see on the field


I'm supposed to understand this?

You are the fantasy baseball dork whos team probably is in last every year because you read way to much into it and dont go with talent you see in from going to games or watching and actually analyzing the palyers ON THE FIELD.


lol you crack me up. Yes it's typical for people to resort to insults rather than reasoning when they don't understand what is going on or pay enough attention to write understandable sentences or spell words correctly at least a decent portion of the time.
Sorry if you cant read because alot of the grammatical errors are just from typing I mean how old are you I guess no college or high school for you.Yeah I dont know whats going on half the time I am watching a game
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:09 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:Sorry if you cant read because alot of the grammatical errors are just from typing I mean how old are you I guess no college or high school for you.Yeah I dont know whats going on half the time I am watching a game


Now I'm wondering if I should keep poking you to see if more funny stuff comes out. :-b

sorry if this is wasting space guys...delete the darn thing for all I care.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:12 pm

nuggets wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:Sorry if you cant read because alot of the grammatical errors are just from typing I mean how old are you I guess no college or high school for you.Yeah I dont know whats going on half the time I am watching a game


Now I'm wondering if I should keep poking you to see if more funny stuff comes out. :-b

sorry if this is wasting space guys...delete the darn thing for all I care.
You are my new best friend
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skjelstrom and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact