Hermida VS Francoeur - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hermida VS Francoeur

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TurdFerguson » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:08 pm

nuggets wrote:^

Buddy you're not the one who is reading. Look to where I agreed with your tiring assessment. I added that pitcher adjustment are likely part of the cause of decline as well. Getting tired out while more experienced guys adjust to you would be tough.
Your the one who said that I made the assumption that pitchers dont make adjustments to hitters beause I know they do but it is also vice versa
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rjforlife » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:24 pm

The arguments aside....ive gotta say Francouer. It is true that after the early tear pitchers adjusted and he really struggled. BUT GOOD HITTERS ADJUST BACK. a prime example is hank blalock. he played 50 games in 02 and did nothing but came out like a bat out of hell in 03.....hitting 388 in may, 333 in april, 281 in june, 274 in july, a spike back to 315 in august and then all the way back down the 226 in september. francouer really followed a similar pattern hitting 413, 312, 247, and 1 hit in 9 abs in october. not that blalock and francouer are the same guy but blalock came right back after the fall-off in 03 to put up an excellent 04 campaign, and I forsee a likely comeback for francouer.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby dewey finn » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:32 pm

Free swinger?

Adam Dunn!!!

And I have all 3 on my team!! (Franc, Dunn, Hermida)
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby George_Foreman » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Dunn posts like 100 BB per year in addition to his 100Ks. Francour has far better contact ability than Dunn, so if Francour is posting even 50+ BB per year, he'll be really really good.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:38 am

TurdFerguson wrote:
hybrid wrote:I'd rather have Hermida on my keeper team. He is a much safer prospect cause he is already a complete package, he understands the game. Not to mention he still has upside and potential, so he is a rare commodity. Francoeur is much more of a raw prospect compared to Hermida. He has the potential to be more of a power threat in the future, but that's about the only area I can see him over taking Hermida in.
How is Hermida a complete package he has not even played a full month of MLB.People are really overvaluing him this year not saying he isnt talented because he is.Francouer could be just as talented he has already proved he can play and didnt even play a full season.I think everyone is just jumping on the Hermida bandwagon without even seeing him play even a full season but he will be good in the future but its alot closer than some of these post are making it out to be I wouldnt be one bit surprised if Francouer has a better career considering how the Braves produce talent

How is he a complete package? That's fairly simple, cause as a prospect he is as complete as they come. I'm not saying he is a complete package in the majors yet, that's obvious. This whole thread was based on a keeper, not this year ... so I'm not sure why you are bringing up him being over valued.

I've seen Hermida play, so in no way am I just throwing stuff out there. In what way do you think I was wrong in comparing them, I'm curious.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby laxguy8947 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:04 pm

Francoeur will learn to take a pitch. If you saw him in the playoffs he already looked like he was changing his approach a little bit. I think just the fact that Jeff will be a full time big leaguer will help him a lot too. I bet ST does wonders for him. Chipper can teach him to take some pitches and he does have speed (cornerback at Clemson!?!)--he just needs to develop some technique on the basepaths. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect 10 steals out of him.
Thanks to abrage22
laxguy8947
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker

Postby rsjrx21 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:16 pm

kind of off topic, but i wanted to clear it up ... how is jeremy's name pronounced ...

HER'- mi- da?

her ME' da?

her MI' da?

ive heard a few versions ...
rsjrx21
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:43 pm

hybrid wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
hybrid wrote:I'd rather have Hermida on my keeper team. He is a much safer prospect cause he is already a complete package, he understands the game. Not to mention he still has upside and potential, so he is a rare commodity. Francoeur is much more of a raw prospect compared to Hermida. He has the potential to be more of a power threat in the future, but that's about the only area I can see him over taking Hermida in.
How is Hermida a complete package he has not even played a full month of MLB.People are really overvaluing him this year not saying he isnt talented because he is.Francouer could be just as talented he has already proved he can play and didnt even play a full season.I think everyone is just jumping on the Hermida bandwagon without even seeing him play even a full season but he will be good in the future but its alot closer than some of these post are making it out to be I wouldnt be one bit surprised if Francouer has a better career considering how the Braves produce t alent

How is he a complete package? That's fairly simple, cause as a prospect he is as complete as they come. I'm not saying he is a complete package in the majors yet, that's obvious. This whole thread was based on a keeper, not this year ... so I'm not sure why you are bringing up him being over valued.

I've seen Hermida play, so in no way am I just throwing stuff out there. In what way do you think I was wrong in comparing them, I'm curious.
I guess you didnt read about the overvalued part where I said I have seen 2 yahoo drafts where he went 5th and 6th rounds in a non keeper league and every chat room I get on thats all people talk about.I have also seen him play did he even get past AA?You are ntitled to your own opinions but I think it is a crapshoot between the two and think that Franc is a little more talented and raw at the same time.Hermida has not played a month of MLB yet where as to Franc has already posted some really good numbers in 250 ab in the majors.Keeper wise I think it is to close to call IMO.There minor league numbers were also very similar and Hermida wiffed quite a bit in the minors that was another thing people were saying how patient he was at the plate and how more polished he was than Franc and just dont see it. Also his career minor league avg I think is 284 nothing that special.He has good speed and will be very good but just like Franc alittle more
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers