Maximum games and innings pitched? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maximum games and innings pitched?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Maximum games and innings pitched?

Postby TKBomber7285 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:50 pm

This is my first year playing fantasy baseball and I was looking through the league settings and these settings caught my eye

Maximum games played - I presume this has to be by position considering there are 162 games in a season and that's the limit

Maximum innings pitched- I'm presuming this is for the whole staff which will force me to take more then the minimum 2 relievers I must have on the roster.

Just wanted to make sure I have these right since the draft is in about 15 minutes and I didn't want to overstock on anything.
TKBomber7285 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:02 pm

Max games: Yes, by position.

Max IP: Normally for your entire staff. Is to prevent people from drafting new starting pitchers every day and building up really high K and W totals.

How it should affect your draft: It means that there's more of a premium on quality players and less of a premium on utility guys since you can only have 162 games at 3rd base so it doesn't help you much to have 3 players who can play there because if you put in someone every day, you'll run out of games before the baseball season will. Not much of an effect, granted, but to the extent it is a consideration, that's it.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tms298 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:03 pm

You will have a stable of starting pitchers on your bench.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers