New Guns N' Roses leaks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

New Guns N' Roses leaks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:36 am

I can't see calling this band Guns and Roses. I mean that's like Dave Mustaine changing Megadeth's name to Metallica since he was one in the band.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:14 am

Yeah IMO this isn't GnR anymore, it's just some imitation group that Axl has put together. There should be a rule against having the same band name, but a totally different sound/group of people.

I'm not sure if anyone here used to listen to INXS, but the same goes for them. The lead singer is dead, just cause you have some lame show to find a new one... doesn't make your group anything like the old INXS. It's just a crappy imitation that will never own up to what it was in the past.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:33 pm

hybrid wrote:Yeah IMO this isn't GnR anymore, it's just some imitation group that Axl has put together. There should be a rule against having the same band name, but a totally different sound/group of people.

I'm not sure if anyone here used to listen to INXS, but the same goes for them. The lead singer is dead, just cause you have some lame show to find a new one... doesn't make your group anything like the old INXS. It's just a crappy imitation that will never own up to what it was in the past.

lol INXS... :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:58 pm

Chinese Democracy is the Music Industry's version of Duke Nukem Forever.

I believe I'll be horrified when it comes out, especially after seeing Axl Rose perform Paradise City at that one MTV award ceremony.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:24 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:Chinese Democracy is the Music Industry's version of Duke Nukem Forever.

I believe I'll be horrified when it comes out, especially after seeing Axl Rose perform Paradise City at that one MTV award ceremony.

Yea its gonna be terrible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:05 pm

I'm surprised G n F'n R even bothered to make another album after The Spaghetti Incident... wasn't that album commonly described as one of the worst of all time? :-?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:18 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:I'm surprised G n F'n R even bothered to make another album after The Spaghetti Incident... wasn't that album commonly described as one of the worst of all time? :-?

Hey I liked that album!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:41 pm

hybrid wrote:Yeah IMO this isn't GnR anymore, it's just some imitation group that Axl has put together. There should be a rule against having the same band name, but a totally different sound/group of people.

so how to you feel about AC/DC? ;-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:43 pm

acsguitar wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:I'm surprised G n F'n R even bothered to make another album after The Spaghetti Incident... wasn't that album commonly described as one of the worst of all time? :-?

Hey I liked that album!

VERRRY underrated album. i think i am gonna go dust it off and jam Black Leather and Aint it Fun
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:09 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Hey I liked that album!

VERRRY underrated album. i think i am gonna go dust it off and jam Black Leather and Aint it Fun

Yea Ain't it fun was awesome. People hated that album because it took underground 70's punk and redid it and they had no idea what it was like.

i thought the album was pretty good for a cover album
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk