Bostons situation, please give me the answer. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bostons situation, please give me the answer.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:21 pm

For years I assumed Boston had kevil Youkilis in order to groom him into their future 3rd baseman. He has fantastic plate dicipline and good defense as well as some pop. What happened? Is he even starting this year? If so i heard he'll be playing first from now on, why? Why not keep him at 3rd where he belongs and where he excels?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bostons situation, please give me the answer.

Postby nsulham » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:25 pm

He's not at 3B because they have Lowell this year. He's at 1B and will be splitting time with Snow, although Youk will be getting the brunt of the work. I suppose he could go back to 3B next year if the Lowell thing is only for this season but I don't know that for sure.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:26 pm

Youkilis is moving to first fulltime. He (baring unforeseen circumstances) will be the opening day starter at first.

The reason for this move is to allow the gold glover Mike Lowell to play third.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby kemper5 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:45 am

Im a Red Sox Die Hard and really do not care for Youkilis.. You mentioned he has pop.. What pop! He's never in his career hit over 8 Homers in a season.. He's 27 Years old and has little experience in the majors and never did well in the minors either.. To me when he hits his prime is a very mediocre 12 HR, 50 RBI type that plays marginal defense..
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bostons situation, please give me the answer.

Postby thedude » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:49 am

kemper5 wrote:Im a Red Sox Die Hard and really do not care for Youkilis.. You mentioned he has pop.. What pop! He's never in his career hit over 8 Homers in a season.. He's 27 Years old and has little experience in the majors and never did well in the minors either.. To me when he hits his prime is a very mediocre 12 HR, 50 RBI type that plays marginal defense..

he may not have a ton of pop in his bat, but he will get on base at least a 370-400 rate...
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WittyC » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:39 am

Even though J.T. Snow is approaching "old as dirt" status, he still possesses a career .826 OPS against righties. With the "boy genius" back at the helm in Boston, that won't be overlooked, and if the Greek God of Walks struggles at all, Snow will be in full-time against righties... thus rendering Youkilis useless (say that five times fast).

edit: writing is hard.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers