Clint Barmes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Clint Barmes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:39 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:I think he has a 50/50 chance to crack top 10 in terms of SS values. If you have a good back up, then you should really be set at that position. Play him only at Coors.

Hopefully he's not riding ATV's... errr.. I mean carrying groceries... errr... I mean carrying deer meat up the stairs in the middle of the season.

Wasn't he pretty decent on the raod though

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/723 ... WgE8WFCLcF

.635 OPS
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:43 pm

Yoda wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Yoda wrote:I think he has a 50/50 chance to crack top 10 in terms of SS values. If you have a good back up, then you should really be set at that position. Play him only at Coors.

Hopefully he's not riding ATV's... errr.. I mean carrying groceries... errr... I mean carrying deer meat up the stairs in the middle of the season.

Wasn't he pretty decent on the raod though

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/723 ... WgE8WFCLcF

.635 OPS

Still 20 bombs a year for a SS is pretty nice
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Zito is God » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:50 pm

The thing is, while Ryn mentions hes ballpark favored, that does not matter, he WILL play for the rokcies, so let him use that. He has pretty much no chance of getting traded, so let him use the homegrown advantage to his use.

I predict .280 21 HRs 75 RBIs (depending where he bats, they shuffle him around a lot. (Also depends on health obviously.)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:02 pm

Zito is God wrote:The thing is, while Ryn mentions hes ballpark favored, that does not matter, he WILL play for the rokcies, so let him use that. He has pretty much no chance of getting traded, so let him use the homegrown advantage to his use.

I predict .280 21 HRs 75 RBIs (depending where he bats, they shuffle him around a lot. (Also depends on health obviously.)

This is true ZIG. But I like to use the Home/Road splits to actually identify which players are as good as they seem. If a guy has such tremendous splits favouring his home games, to me it says that he isn't really as good as his stat line shows. Guys like Chase Utley who post near identical splits while playing in a great offensive environment, tend to rank higher on my list.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Jmar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:04 pm

I think we should remember Corey Patterson when we think of Barmes. Very promising until pitchers found out his weak spot - high fastballs. .230 hitter ever since. Barmes was slipping before he got hurt and he just ain't the same on the road. Every hitter has holes and I think Barmes is going to be exploited more and more as the season rolls on. I'm not saying he'll be terrible but he's going to be overvalued. If he starts hot I'd trade him early.
Jmar
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Rhino Tuff » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:12 pm

I think 20 dingers is a possibility, but I think that could be on the high end..

I think he is a high risk, high reward player, definitely a value player. Depending on the league I could see him going before Renteria...
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby klvrdude » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:53 pm

If you extrapolate his numbers from last year over 600 AB (he only had 350) then he can hold his own:

94 Runs
17 HR
78 RBI
10 SB

He's a 9th ranked SS in my book, though potentially a little higher in a keeper
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:59 pm

The thing with Barnes is that he won't be valueable for long Troy Tulowitzki Or Chris Nelson (both of whom are more highly touted as prospects than Barmes ever was) will be starting for the Rockies at short sometime in the near future.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers