Draft Order Preference - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Draft Order Preference

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft Order Preference

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:46 pm

based on this season and seasons past, 10 team league, where do you guys prefer to draft at? do you like to be 1 or 2 and get arod and pujols? or do you guys like having the 9th or 10th pick and get 2 1st round type of guys? or do you prefer to be in the middle of the pack to spread your picks out. I like the idea of nabbing 2 guys i want at a time but dont you feel like there are some players you just will not get by picking at the ends? im very interested in hearing all of your thoughts.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:51 pm

I like the bookend picks the best. If given the choice I'll pick 1st every time.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:58 pm

If not 1st, then 10th (or the last pick of the round). This year I think there are a lot of great options at 8-15. Last pick will get two great players.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:42 pm

I want in the top 3 usually. Top 4 for this year especially with A-rod, Pujols, Vlad, and Teix. I'd be happy with any of those.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby tuckerman85 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:01 pm

I like going at the end of the first, you get two really players. The other advantage is it gives you plenty of time to decide who you want next and to adjust to any moves the other teams make.
tuckerman85
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:05 pm

First 3 or the last 3 picks. it's easier to plan your draft and not jump the gun on guys not quite worthy of a pick when your turn comes up.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:31 pm

#2. The drop from Arod/Pujols to everyone else is very large in my opinion. I'm in a 14 team draft this year and I expect the 27th and 30th picks to be almost as valuable as the 15th pick because there is very good depth in the 2nd/3rd round.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GreenFish » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:10 pm

In a ten team league, I would prefer the 1,2,3 or 8,9,10 either end picks over the 4,5,6,7 middle picks.
GreenFish
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WittyC » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:54 pm

I'm pretty much non-partial myself this year, although I'm not a fan of being at the bookends in a snake. I feel that there's a moderate disadvantage the further you get from the middle picks for two reasons.

1) It's harder to jump in if a trend starts. If the two guys right after you grab two top-tier closers, for instance, chances are you'll miss out on them all.

2) You have less reaction time per pick. Yes, you have more total time between your picks, but a lot of drafting is dependant on what happens right before you pick, and you will have less time to react if you have to make two judgment calls in a row.

That second reason is a little iffy, and might be more mental than anything... but I guess I just feel rushed when I'm at the ends.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby giants! » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:15 am

I want 1-2 as it guarantees a top 5 sp in the third round.
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers