Annual 'Sportsline League Down' thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Annual 'Sportsline League Down' thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Annual 'Sportsline League Down' thread

Postby Grouperman941 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:59 am

Well, I can't get into my league due to 'technical difficulties'.

This must be the 2006 rollup, right?

I am anxious to see what tweaks they make this year.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:07 am

Yes Sir ;-D
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BlueBombers » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:11 pm

A few new features I have noticed that I don't think they had last year

- ability to allow owners to trade draft picks
- ability to change the days and how many no votes on the trade veto process
-the commish can turn off features, such as message board, posting news, etc
-better keeper options

What's New for 2006?

Here is a sample of what's new in this year's Fantasy Baseball Commissioner. The following is a result of customer feedback, so please continue to let us know what improvements and additions you would like to see.

* Free Agent Acquisition Budget - The new FAAB feature allows your league to use an auction process for add/drops. The commissioner will set a starting budget for the season, and each team will use that money to bid on free agent pickups. This is great for leagues that would like to add a little strategy to the way that add/drops are handled.
* Better Keeper Options - If you participate in a keeper league, SportsLine.com now offers improved keeper functionality that allows owners or the commissioner to select keepers using a checkbox on the lineup page. If keepers are tied to draft picks, you can use the customizable draft settings to select which round of the draft each player will be kept.
* Completely Customize Your Draft Order - No longer will you be tied into doing a "snake" draft in the live draft room. Now you can completely customize the draft order anyway you want.
* Trade Draft Picks - You can now allow owners in your league to trade draft picks. If you are in a keeper league, draft picks can be traded for players or additional draft picks. The Live Draft room will update automatically once a trade is conducted.
* Sort Standings By Your League Tie-Breakers - If your league has specific tiebreak rules for standings, you can now apply those and your standings page will automatically be sorted by your league's specific tiebreakers.
* Lineup Views - We now offer multiple ways to view your lineups on the lineup page. Pre-season mode will give you projected stats, and three-year average options. Once in-season, you'll be able to see Year-to-Date and Last 14 days stats plus an additional Matchups view which will show your Pitcher/Batter matchups for the next 7 days.
* New Commissioner Permission Controls - Allow commissioners the ability to shut off certain features such as message board postings, news item posting, setting lineups, and transactions for specific owners within your league.
* Draft Room Improvements - Improvements made to the live draft room include the ability to search for a player by name, a positional lineup view of your roster, and better sorting options.
BlueBombers
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jenkins » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:16 pm

I take it there is still no "Minimum Innings Limit" for H2H.
Jenkins
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Brendo » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:19 pm

BlueBombers wrote:A few new features I have noticed that I don't think they had last year

- ability to allow owners to trade draft picks
- ability to change the days and how many no votes on the trade veto process
-the commish can turn off features, such as message board, posting news, etc
-better keeper options

What's New for 2006?

Here is a sample of what's new in this year's Fantasy Baseball Commissioner. The following is a result of customer feedback, so please continue to let us know what improvements and additions you would like to see.

* Free Agent Acquisition Budget - The new FAAB feature allows your league to use an auction process for add/drops. The commissioner will set a starting budget for the season, and each team will use that money to bid on free agent pickups. This is great for leagues that would like to add a little strategy to the way that add/drops are handled.
* Better Keeper Options - If you participate in a keeper league, SportsLine.com now offers improved keeper functionality that allows owners or the commissioner to select keepers using a checkbox on the lineup page. If keepers are tied to draft picks, you can use the customizable draft settings to select which round of the draft each player will be kept.
* Completely Customize Your Draft Order - No longer will you be tied into doing a "snake" draft in the live draft room. Now you can completely customize the draft order anyway you want.
* Trade Draft Picks - You can now allow owners in your league to trade draft picks. If you are in a keeper league, draft picks can be traded for players or additional draft picks. The Live Draft room will update automatically once a trade is conducted.
* Sort Standings By Your League Tie-Breakers - If your league has specific tiebreak rules for standings, you can now apply those and your standings page will automatically be sorted by your league's specific tiebreakers.
* Lineup Views - We now offer multiple ways to view your lineups on the lineup page. Pre-season mode will give you projected stats, and three-year average options. Once in-season, you'll be able to see Year-to-Date and Last 14 days stats plus an additional Matchups view which will show your Pitcher/Batter matchups for the next 7 days.
* New Commissioner Permission Controls - Allow commissioners the ability to shut off certain features such as message board postings, news item posting, setting lineups, and transactions for specific owners within your league.
* Draft Room Improvements - Improvements made to the live draft room include the ability to search for a player by name, a positional lineup view of your roster, and better sorting options.

I'm interested in the trading picks and keeper league info

i looked a little on the site and can't find that stuff
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby halos17 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:22 pm

Jenkins wrote:I take it there is still no "Minimum Innings Limit" for H2H.

I been searching for this most of the past hour and can't find anything about it. Perhaps it's just not an option.

I'm thinking of working around it by enforcing a strict pitching staff lineup of 5-SP and 4-RP and only allowing weekly lineups. Some teams might get shafted by injuries, but at least all teams are pretty much on equal footing each week in that they can try to set the best possible matchups for the week.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
halos17
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby scotty5150 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:34 pm

Can anyone tell me if lineups on Sportsline can be set days in advance?
Black Diamond League Commissioner
http://www.bdlbaseball.com
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lsommerer » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:40 pm

scotty5150 wrote:Can anyone tell me if lineups on Sportsline can be set days in advance?

You can st your lineup on sportsline at least a week ahead of time. If you don't set a lineup it uses last weeks lineup. I don't think you can set it over a week in advance, but I've never tried.

Lloyd Sommerer
lsommerer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby scotty5150 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:43 pm

lsommerer wrote:
scotty5150 wrote:Can anyone tell me if lineups on Sportsline can be set days in advance?

You can st your lineup on sportsline at least a week ahead of time. If you don't set a lineup it uses last weeks lineup. I don't think you can set it over a week in advance, but I've never tried.

Lloyd Sommerer

On my lineup page right now, it displays the first week of the season, but I'm unable to select any particular day. Will that change?
Black Diamond League Commissioner
http://www.bdlbaseball.com
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers