Fantasy Sports Feasibility Study -Making the Greatest League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Fantasy Sports Feasibility Study -Making the Greatest League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasy Sports Feasibility Study -Making the Greatest League

Postby win12345 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:41 am

Fantasy Sports Feasibility Study - Making the Greatest League!!

Thanks for taking your time to read my post.

Ok, first ask yourself a few questions.
Q1- Do you really know your fantasy sports? Is it a passion of yours?
Q2- Would you consider yourself a good fantasy sports player? How about a great one?
Q3- How well do you think you would fair against other elite fantasy players in North America, or better yet, the World?

What I am trying to accomplish with the above questions and for the most part, with this post in general is essentially three things.

1. See both the response and potential of creating a fantasy league with only the most successful and skilled fantasy players.
2. Get some ideas about where to find the so-called best of the best fantasy players?
3. Finally, find a way to standardize every potential league applicant to help determine only the top competitor’s for this exclusive league (personal interview, get referrals, fantasy portfolio, a standard questionnaire, etc.).

Ok, the General League Plan (note this is just a rough overview):
When everything is all said and done - there will only be 1 champion (The #1 Fantasy Sports Executive),

There will be 10 equally divided Groups with 12 Teams in each (approx 120 total fantasy players). That’s it, no more! Each person who would like to join the league will be required to apply and pass a screening process if he/she qualifies they will be accepted. It will be important to use a standardized screening process to determine the best candidates for this league. Again, this is something necessary so that we can really guarantee only the highest skilled fantasy participants. There will be no quitters, whiners or cheats – only intense competitors.

Each individual player that is accepted will be pre-ranked according to his/her previous fantasy performances, general fantasy knowledge and other methods that will be incorporated. This pre-ranking process will be conducted with a judging panel (~8 individuals) and will be used initially to qualify each individual into equally skilled Groups.

Only after each individual qualified participant has been assigned a Group and an initial ranking position between 1 & 120 may the league commence.
The league competition will involve three (3) distinct fantasy sports: football, basketball and baseball. The combination of either Rotisserie or Head to Head play will be used for scoring on a fantasy engine (ie.GDR) that will be determined by league vote. Remember, this is to determine the overall best fantasy sport executive, not just the best single-sport fantasy player. The current projected start of the league will be the 2006 Fantasy Football Season. So, we should have enough time to explicitly plan every detail of the league and make it as exciting as possible for all participants.
Champions from each of their respective groups will obviously rise in overall rankings. As well, winners will qualify for the best of the best Champions tournament to be held the following year.

A general beta-example of the ranking system for 2 of the 10 Groups: Let’s take a look at Tom Anderson of Group A.

Group A – Champion is Tom Anderson (Team: Tom’s Fools) for Rotisserie Basketball 2006
Group A – Champion is Alex Smith (Team: Detroit Cats, Win%51) for H2H Football 2006
Group A- Champion is Tom Anderson (Team: Tom’s Fools, Win%43) for H2H Baseball 2007

Synopsis: Tom has won 2 leagues (Basketball and Baseball)! His initial fantasy ranking was 83. But since he has placed 1st in 2 of 3 leagues and 4th in 1 league, with an arguably high winning percentage, Tom finished the season with an overall ranking of 6th of 120 potential people. Also, he has easily qualified for the Champions cup to determine the ‘Overall’ Fantasy Sport Champion (Top 24 participants). Please note that many more variables will come into play for rankings but this is just a rough idea.

Now let’s take a look at Steve Smith in Group B.

Group B – Champion is Jeff Freed (Team: Freed’s Fighters, Win%32) for Basketball
Group B – Champion is Sammy Allison (Team: Alma Otters, Win%55) for Football
Group B- Champion is TJ Edwards (Team: TJ Ballers, Win%53) for Baseball

Synopsis: Steve Smith finished in 10th, 9th and 8th place respectively in the three leagues. His initial ranking was 12 overall. But due to his poor performance and average winning percentage, his final ranking was 105 of 120 and he may be relegated from the league if he is not careful. Steve will not advance to the Champions league.

The league will crown a rankings winner after the first year but, the ultimate winner will be claimed during the Champions League (top 24 participants according to ranking/results) in the second year.

One of the suggestions for prizes would be to spend a day as the GM of the ballpark, and that is quite feasible – send other similar ideas if you have any.

Again, I am just touching the surface and I know this is a lot to take in but please read it over and give me some input.

Please send any suggestions to: rob@creativeaura.com or simply reply to this thread, whatever is easier for you. If you would like to help out with this initiative, let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you.

Please note that all suggestions are helpful, so please let me hear your input!
I really do appreciate any suggestions you may have. I can’t wait to hear them!

Rob Saric :)
Detroit_What

You can download this entire POST here:
Fantasy Study PDF - February 17, 2006
- so that you can look over it any time you wish
win12345
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby win12345 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:13 pm

:)
win12345