What is the consensus on Sandbox? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is the consensus on Sandbox?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Rotoworld » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:17 pm

Just to let everyone know - Rotoworld.com took over operations of Sandbox in 2005.

Everything has been running much smoother and those past trangressions, by previous management are history.

Those that had problems in the past - you may want check it out and see how everything has changed - for the better.
Rotoworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nuggets » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:17 pm

Little Johnny wrote:I understand that some of the regulars in the forums are a little cocky.. I hear they tend to exclude those that aren't in their little "click". Anyone ever experience this?

Johnny

Yes, it comes with the territory. Many players and devout fans of baseball are a bit more snobby than other sports.

edit- I though he was talking about the cafe. :-b

If you come with quality knowledge, reasoning and are willing to be ignored and/or take some crap you shouldn't have too much of a problem.
Last edited by nuggets on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rotoworld » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Just to let everyone know - Rotoworld.com took over operations of Sandbox in 2005.

Everything has been running much smoother and those past trangressions, by previous management are history.

Those that had problems in the past - you may want check it out and see how everything has changed - for the better.
Rotoworld
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheRock » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:44 pm

ironman wrote:
RyanK wrote:Sandbox was where i started playing fantasy baseball.. when it was free.. then when it went pay i stopped playing fantasy baseball till last season... so i hate sandbox and am in a boycott of it.. as i think a lot of former free sandboxers where when it went pay..

I'm in this boat too. I'm sure Sandbox probably has a decent pay service now, but the way they went about transitioning from free to pay was completely unprofessional and thus alienated a large chunk of their customer base. :-t

Me three :-t

We had a football league we'd be running on Sandbox for 3 years then they pulled this switch just prior to the start of the season and we bailed for Yahoo!. Never looked back.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby SilentReader » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:04 pm

TheRock wrote:
ironman wrote:
RyanK wrote:Sandbox was where i started playing fantasy baseball.. when it was free.. then when it went pay i stopped playing fantasy baseball till last season... so i hate sandbox and am in a boycott of it.. as i think a lot of former free sandboxers where when it went pay..

I'm in this boat too. I'm sure Sandbox probably has a decent pay service now, but the way they went about transitioning from free to pay was completely unprofessional and thus alienated a large chunk of their customer base. :-t

We had a football league we'd be running on Sandbox for 3 years then they pulled this switch just prior to the start of the season and we bailed for Yahoo!. Never looked back.

To the three of you, and anyone else in this boat - you might want to check out the posts in this thread by RotoWorld. The ones who were running the site when they made the transition to being a pay site are none of the same people who are running the site now. It is much better now.

And even when they made the transition, they didn't just make you pay right before the NFL season started and after the drafts. They made it so if you wanted to check your team during certain times you had to pay, but you could still play for free - you just couldn't check in during those times. Yeah, I was upset about it too at the time, but it's not as bad as you made it seem.

I've been there since the free days, and the positives with sandbox far outweigh the negatives, as you can probably tell from my sig.

And as for the forums, the games are what really set them apart from other sites, so the forums really shouldn't be a factor in your decision to go there - plus you can still come to these forums and play the games there. But I think if it is a factor to you, it should be a favorable one. I'm a regular at those forums (others that also are know me as Jeremy) and I'll admit, you have to prove yourself as being a good, knowledgeable owner to the other regs in order to get our respect so that you can be let into the better leagues there. They have a seprate forum for finding leagues, and many of the better leagues won't let you in unless you're an established member. However, it's not like if you're not a reg then everyone will hate you and gang up on you - you just won't be able to get into the good leagues. But once you're able to get into one reg league and you are active in it, even if you don't have a lot of posts or anything, then you'll get more respect in the forums and be let into better leagues. We only gang up on those who act like idiots and deserve it.

Oh yeah, and I'm kinda curious who it was that told you we reject anyone not in the click...
i don't post much,but i'm always lurking...

best fantasy games site = SandboxPlus.com!!
SilentReader
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby ironman » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:30 am

SilentReader wrote:
TheRock wrote:
ironman wrote:

To the three of you, and anyone else in this boat - you might want to check out the posts in this thread by RotoWorld. The ones who were running the site when they made the transition to being a pay site are none of the same people who are running the site now. It is much better now.

And even when they made the transition, they didn't just make you pay right before the NFL season started and after the drafts. They made it so if you wanted to check your team during certain times you had to pay, but you could still play for free - you just couldn't check in during those times. Yeah, I was upset about it too at the time, but it's not as bad as you made it seem.

I've been there since the free days, and the positives with sandbox far outweigh the negatives, as you can probably tell from my sig.

And as for the forums, the games are what really set them apart from other sites, so the forums really shouldn't be a factor in your decision to go there - plus you can still come to these forums and play the games there. But I think if it is a factor to you, it should be a favorable one. I'm a regular at those forums (others that also are know me as Jeremy) and I'll admit, you have to prove yourself as being a good, knowledgeable owner to the other regs in order to get our respect so that you can be let into the better leagues there. They have a seprate forum for finding leagues, and many of the better leagues won't let you in unless you're an established member. However, it's not like if you're not a reg then everyone will hate you and gang up on you - you just won't be able to get into the good leagues. But once you're able to get into one reg league and you are active in it, even if you don't have a lot of posts or anything, then you'll get more respect in the forums and be let into better leagues. We only gang up on those who act like idiots and deserve it.

Oh yeah, and I'm kinda curious who it was that told you we reject anyone not in the click...

Honestly my hatred of Sandbox has died down and I'm sure they have great services now. But still that was probably one of the shadiest and most unprofessional moves they pulled on us during football that year. It single-handedly ruined my football season. Fine if they wanted to have the pay service if you to check your team during the peak hours of the day, but they should've notified the customers prior to signup, not have everyone join not knowing anything would change, then as soon as the season starts pull the wool over our eyes. It was a bunch of BS and on top of it the guys that were running it were complete a-holes about the whole thing.

I'm glad that things are better now I guess. If I do a pay service ever I'll check them out maybe.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers