What is the consensus on Sandbox? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is the consensus on Sandbox?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is the consensus on Sandbox?

Postby Little Johnny » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:41 am

A friend of mine has invited me to join a Sandbox league with him this year. I have heard mixed things about Sandbox. Can anyone here shed some light on the quality of the site?

Thanks,
Johnny ;-D
Little Johnny Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Xtreemes » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:43 am

Sandbox was good 5 years ago, thats all i know.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yeyo44 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:01 am

I have had a sandbox league for 5 years now, its a points league, and we have had no problems with it, sometimes slow to report stats in the morning, but otherwise no problems, plus I have been getting Maxim free for 3 years now.
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kellens » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:27 am

We've been using Sandbox for 8 years. We like it. It used to have a lot of problems keeping its servers up but the last couple years it been pretty stable.
kellens
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby acapulco » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:30 am

I've been in Sandbox for 6 or 7 years, the last 4 in a keeper league. It's been a very positive experience...gets better all the time.
acapulco
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RyanK » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:57 am

Sandbox was where i started playing fantasy baseball.. when it was free.. then when it went pay i stopped playing fantasy baseball till last season... so i hate sandbox and am in a boycott of it.. as i think a lot of former free sandboxers where when it went pay..
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby acapulco » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:10 pm

Sandbox actually got better once it became pay. There were fewer instances of managers neglecting their team for weeks on end, or precipitously dropping out of a league 2 mos before the season was over. When people have to pay something--and it's not a lot--they tend to value what they're doing more.
acapulco
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:38 pm

RyanK wrote:Sandbox was where i started playing fantasy baseball.. when it was free.. then when it went pay i stopped playing fantasy baseball till last season... so i hate sandbox and am in a boycott of it.. as i think a lot of former free sandboxers where when it went pay..

I'm in this boat too. I'm sure Sandbox probably has a decent pay service now, but the way they went about transitioning from free to pay was completely unprofessional and thus alienated a large chunk of their customer base. :-t
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Little Johnny » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:31 pm

I understand that some of the regulars in the forums are a little cocky...boasting about their post count. I hear they tend to exclude those that aren't in their little "click". Anyone ever experience this?

Johnny
Little Johnny Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SlushyBOB » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:44 pm

My first fantasy baseball and football experiences were when sandbox was a free site. I really liked it. I didn't care that they were going to a pay site, but was made me leave was how they instituted the pay aspect. They let everybody do their drafts and THEN changed it to a pay league before the season started. They should have let people know a lot further in advance so if people didn't want to pay they wouldn't be wasting their time on a draft for a Sandbox league. I thought it was in poor taste and so I bailed and have never gone back again.
SlushyBOB
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers