Will Marte start in the bigs? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Will Marte start in the bigs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Marte start in the bigs?

Postby RynMan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:14 am

Sorry if this his been asked in here before but will Marte be starting in Cleveland, or another stint in the minors?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:17 am

Marte should be headed back to AAA for at least the first couple months per Aaron Boone. You never know though, he could be in the lineup by the All-Star Break.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:27 am

so0perspam wrote:Marte should be headed back to AAA for at least the first couple months per Aaron Boone. You never know though, he could be in the lineup by the All-Star Break.

This is about what I am hearing from my friends with Kinston(Clevelands high A minor league club). I do quite a bit of advertising with them, and two of their employees work for me during the offseason. I usually pick their brains for what they know of the Indians minors leaguers until they have to leave to go to spring training.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:39 pm

Boone's hot June, July, and August was probably just enough to make him the favorite going into 2006. However, his best days are behind him considering he's going to be 33 years old on opening day and he has a major knee injury not too long ago in the past. His defense is nothing special. He's the kind of player I can see losing his ability in a bigtime hurry.

I'm thinking it's only a matter of time until the switch, but I see Boone opening the season at 3B. They have enough talent to give Marte a little more development time, but they'll probably need an extra boost at some point if they are looking to surpass the White Sox. This is all assuming that Marte is performing well at AAA.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brandnew » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:02 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
so0perspam wrote:Marte should be headed back to AAA for at least the first couple months per Aaron Boone. You never know though, he could be in the lineup by the All-Star Break.

This is about what I am hearing from my friends with Kinston(Clevelands high A minor league club). I do quite a bit of advertising with them, and two of their employees work for me during the offseason. I usually pick their brains for what they know of the Indians minors leaguers until they have to leave to go to spring training.

raiders, you do advertising/marketing for baseball? That's what I want to do... how'd you get into it?

On Marte, what they said... Boone probably will suck it up for the first two months, then Andy will make the Sox and Braves look like fools for trading him for lesser talent.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:09 am

brandnew wrote:
raiders, you do advertising/marketing for baseball? That's what I want to do... how'd you get into it?

No, I run a grocery store and we do a lots of advertising in the local market. But with our local minor league team, I do several different things during the year with them to help them out and hopefully it helps me out as well. We sponsor a night out at the ball park, have a sign on the outfield wall, have a few pages and players sponsored in the program and several other things as well. So I really am not into advertising per se, but I do meet with the Kinston Indians GM and other people and have developed a nice working relationship over the years. It definitely helps me out as they send me lots of their inside info, that you just can't normally get in a baseball magazine.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Minor League & College Baseball