Looking for the best of the best: join if you have skills - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for the best of the best: join if you have skills

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for the best of the best: join if you have skills

Postby lefty31mazur » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:24 am

We are looking for a couple guys with fantasy baseball skills to fill our league.
The draft is not until Sat April 1st (the day before the season) but I figure it is easier to find the Die Hard fantasy players now before spring training. So far we have 6 very heads up managers...the kind of dorks that check their teams every day.

About our league, we play 25 man rosters...we have added SLG, OBP, K/BB, CG...We are going 7x7 so don't be fooled by the Yahoo rankings. The Yahoo rankings are based upon 5x5 stats. So control pitchers like Carlos Silva (he only walked 9 batters in 188 innings last year) should have a tiny bit more value in this league because of his K/BB ratio. Nasty pitchers with control will stand out in K/BB ratio. I could have made bases on balls the 7th stat but then the team that pitched the least inninges each week would have the best odds in that stat. Complete games are huge! Being able to go the distance can really help a team by giving the bullpen the day off and limiting opposition from getting experience against those pitchers... not to mention it also keeps a teams worst relief pitcher off the field that day and it will likely keep him off the mound the next couple of days unless the score is one sided. OBP should expose some free swingers like Ivan Rodriguez (He only managed to get 11 BB last year) and add a little value to players who are actually difficult to get out. SLG will give the power and doubles hitters the credit they deserve as well.
I'm pretty happy with the set-up we have. I don't like having negative stat catagories like losses or caught stealing because they give fantasy managers motivation to bench their players at the end of the week in the head to head format. I prefer the idea of going 7x7 because these are important stats. Also Saves and Stolenbases are notoriously over rated in 5x5 fantasy ball (20% of a players value). In this 7x7 format saves and stolenbases only represent 14% of a players overall value.

Our goal is to have 10 Managers who attend the draft and compete the entire season.
Last year we had 8 guys and one cheater who registered 2 teams. I had to lock both rosters for the season after a trade attempt of one teams 10 best for the other teams 10 worst. This happened only 5 minutes after the draft. It was the most juvenile thing I have ever seen...that is the worst thing that can happen when you let a couple of wild cards join your league.
I am a pretty kick back Commish...I rarely veto. You can try to pull a quick one on the other managers via trade but more than likely they wont accept your offer unless it is even. And if you can work a good deal you deserve it. I won't veto unless there is cheating involved. No roster dumping either. If you are in last place and you decide to give up, just leave the players on your roster. I have never understood why someone would decide to drop all of their players but it happened once. My cousin did that, I had to restore his roster and lock his team. In the last 4 years those are the only 2 incidents where I have had to act as commish.

Smack talk is alright as long as you don't get personal and you maintain a sense of humor.

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball
League ID#: 31359
League Password: fastball
League Name: Fantasy World Series 2006
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Apr 1 9:00am PST
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 27, 2006
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Min Innings Pitched: 20
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, DL
Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, W, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds