What do you guys think of the Y! Bigboard? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What do you guys think of the Y! Bigboard?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do you guys think of the Y! Bigboard?

Postby CreepingDeath919 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:27 am

In your opinion how accurate is the yahoo big board? Is it a safe source to draft from? any glaring descrepancies?

what do you guys think?
CreepingDeath919 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby San D » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 am

I haven't looked at it in a while, but I've never been a big fan of the Gamer. I'd find another source.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tgalv » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:34 am

i don't like it. it seems random during the season. is it the top100 players at that time or the top100 for the rest of the season? a combination of both really which seems completely pointless to me. it's interesting to check it out occasionally but i wouldn't take it for more than what it is.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:36 am

Reyes is too high, Helton too low, if Utley "has a chance at .300/30/100/100/20", why is he down at #20?

The Soriano note is also very puzzling, a 'down arrow' w/ a note that says 'if keeps refusing to move to OF is likely to be traded' which, to me, would actually HELP his value.

As a Cubs' fan, I'd like him to be traded to the Cubs very much. As a fantasy owner, I'd like to see him just about anywhere else and don't understand how a simple discussion, about which we are probably getting information manufactured by Soriano's agent to try to get him out of there so he can rack up some #s before getting a contract. Which makes more sense than moving to CF.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby diesel99xx » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:36 am

I think Funston looks like Eddie Munster.
diesel99xx
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:46 am

diesel99xx wrote:I think Funston looks like Eddie Munster.

LOL, he should get the Munster's theme music on his page. We had the Monday Night Football theme on our football page and it was cool!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby WittyC » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:48 am

AcidRock23 wrote:Reyes is too high, Helton too low, if Utley "has a chance at .300/30/100/100/20", why is he down at #20?

The Soriano note is also very puzzling, a 'down arrow' w/ a note that says 'if keeps refusing to move to OF is likely to be traded' which, to me, would actually HELP his value.

As a Cubs' fan, I'd like him to be traded to the Cubs very much. As a fantasy owner, I'd like to see him just about anywhere else and don't understand how a simple discussion, about which we are probably getting information manufactured by Soriano's agent to try to get him out of there so he can rack up some #s before getting a contract. Which makes more sense than moving to CF.

I just wonder what the Cubs would give back... it's not like Wash is going to use Walker.

Anywho... back to not hijacking the thread... :*)

The Big Board can act as a guildelines of sorts if you're playing in a novice league. It gives a good idea of where Joe Average will picking players. Other than that, I haven't found much use for it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Thursday » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:12 am

Not so great overall, due in part to a discrepancy that is stated at the very top:

The Big(ger) Board takes into consideration past returns, current performance and expected future gains in determining who should be included among the top 100 fantasy baseball players.

He never really abides by this. In-season, this thing is a virtual trainwreck with awful player placements.

He seems to react too much to news, the Soriano thing being a good example of this. How would Soriano refusing to play OF hurt his value?

I don't recommend this as a source for drafting. It's too novice, almost.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Re: What do you guys think of the Y! Bigboard?

Postby nuggets » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:54 am

CreepingDeath919 wrote:In your opinion how accurate is the yahoo big board? Is it a safe source to draft from? any glaring descrepancies?

what do you guys think?

You won't win any competitive leagues drafting based off of it.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:55 am

All id say is if Funston wants to join my league, hes more than welcome to.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 740)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers