I puss out at the state patrol office. Hit and run. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I puss out at the state patrol office. Hit and run.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:55 am

OhMrScottyTrav06 wrote:It is always the person behind that is at fault. I know this because I went through Driving School about 2 and a half years ago... and went to traffic school for two days because of my ticket, no more than 3 months ago. The only exception to this rule is if the car in front cuts off the rear car and steps on the brakes.

But according to the story from your point of view, you were speeding... so you were breaking the law...

Basically, you should get in trouble for speeding... but she should get in trouble for speeding, tailgating, and doing a hit and run. I guess if you wanted to screw her over, you could... but is it really worth the hassle?

That's the key point here, and (from what Baseballer02 said) that was the woman's story. That's why this will most likely be a mutual-fault accident.

Again, you could potentially get her in trouble, but what would be the point? You would have to have witnesses to conclusively prove that she was solely responsible for the accident, and with your admitted "guilt" of speeding, I really don't see a very positive outcome for you.

I think this situation sucks, I think this scummy piece of Jerry Springer white trash probably is a scummy piece of Jerry Springer white trash and it stinks big-time that she would get away with hitting you like that, but in the end I doubt seriously there's a happy ending to this situation for you.

Sorry, man. I feel for you.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:52 pm

unfortunately there isnt a way for you to come out clean. her story is BS and a reasonable person should see it that way. if you caused the accident then why did you go out of your way to report it while she tried to hide from it? but absent any witnesses it would be hard to prove and you would still get hit with a speeding ticket or possibly some sort of careless driving charge. my guess is her driving record is worse than yours so she is keen to avoid anything.

HIT AND RUN!! I always thought something like that resulted in a suspended license.

its a major crime if there was serious injury. since there was minor damage its usually just a fine but at worst could be a few days in jail. most of the time it just gets downgraded to failure to report an accident if there wasnt much damage.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:17 pm

I've hit and ran. Not really major at all in my case. Ok ok, I hit and ran on a parked car though. I had to go to court and pay $75 and that was the end of it. Unless there is injury it is a very minor case.

BTW, people who have never hit a car that bad mouth hit and runners should shut their traps. Until you actually hit a car and feel what its like, you can't say a single word. When hit my car, I had adredaline pumping through my veins so badly that there was no way you could let all of it go and stop to write out a note. Next thing I knew I was going 80 MPH down a side street.

(Note: I'm not defending myself or saying what I did was right. I'm simply stating that most people do not know how it feels.)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:30 pm

Dude thats sketchy what hillbilly town are you from? BS...If you have the money get a lawyer... Otherwise Forget about it. If there was real damage and you had to put a claim in you might be able to have the insurance company provide a lawyer to you.

Basically Id be worried that Mrs. Redneck might have Mr. Redneck there to dick cheney you after the court case

Anyways the law is crap for driving and I hate the government...whoops did i say that just joking
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:37 pm

acsguitar wrote:Basically Id be worried that Mrs. Redneck might have Mr. Redneck there to dick cheney you after the court case

Haha ;-D
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:47 pm

Zito is God wrote:I've hit and ran. Not really major at all in my case. Ok ok, I hit and ran on a parked car though. I had to go to court and pay $75 and that was the end of it. Unless there is injury it is a very minor case.

BTW, people who have never hit a car that bad mouth hit and runners should shut their traps. Until you actually hit a car and feel what its like, you can't say a single word. When hit my car, I had adredaline pumping through my veins so badly that there was no way you could let all of it go and stop to write out a note. Next thing I knew I was going 80 MPH down a side street.

(Note: I'm not defending myself or saying what I did was right. I'm simply stating that most people do not know how it feels.)

I hit a parked car. I stopped, left a note, then went into the mall and tried to find the woman. I came back to my car and she was there freaking out because she figured it was a bogus note. She was super happy that I came back. I paid the insurance money and we both went on with our lives. I couldn't imagine bailing on that. It was my fault.

I don't see how having a ton of adrenaline in your system is an excuse. :-?
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Plus I don't see what the big deal is either; shi.... um, poop happens and that's why we all have to have car insurance anyway. Hit and run people are the scum of the earth.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Zito is God » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:18 pm

I don't see how having a ton of adrenaline in your system is an excuse.

I'm not using it as an excuse. I obviously didn't tell the cop that. I am simply stating that its a feeling that a person cannot imgine unless they go through it. If you read up on what adredaline does to your system, especially when its flooding it, you'll see why I brought it up.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:28 pm

Zito is God wrote:
I don't see how having a ton of adrenaline in your system is an excuse.

I'm not using it as an excuse. I obviously didn't tell the cop that. I am simply stating that its a feeling that a person cannot imgine unless they go through it. If you read up on what adredaline does to your system, especially when its flooding it, you'll see why I brought it up.

Yeah, I hear ya, but like I said - I was in the same boat as you, same adrenaline as you, etc.

Seriously, I'm not condemning you as forever evil or anything, don't think that, but I'm just saying I would have left a note.

Actually, I did leave a note. Plus I waited around.

I just don't see the adrenaline as a reason not to stick around.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 3 run homer » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:07 pm

This past 4th of July someone accused me of doing a hit and run on their car parked on the street in my neighborhood. Suppose to have happened at 11:15 pm
I had pre-existing damage to my explorer from a year before (ice storm and a spin out)
Finally after some phone tag with the investigating cop we finally talk he tells me they have my tag # there are eye witnesses.
Now I don't live with anyone and no one else has a key to my truck.
So I'm immediately thinking some saw my truck and the damage and decided to try and cash in at my expense.
So the cop tells me he came by knocked no one answered (I was asleep), went and looked at my truck and said the damage was comensurate with their damage. And said if this goes to court I'll be charged with felony hit and run. Then I said to him, I suggest you go back tell who ever is making this claim that after I proove existing damage, they can be charged felony fraud and conspiracy to comit fraud. Never heard from them again.
:-D
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk