Where can I get good depth charts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where can I get good depth charts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where can I get good depth charts?

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:44 pm

Anyone use 1 particular depth chart website?
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:58 pm

MLB.com's is the best I can find...
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KPucks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:48 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:MLB.com's is the best I can find...

I agree. I check their site daily to look at the depth charts.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:21 pm

I like Sandlot Shrink and Sportsline, too.

http://www.sandlotshrink.com/fbdepthchart.htm
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby ayebatter » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:41 am

add Roto Times to your list.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1388)

Postby hooligan1 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:35 am

I love RotoTimes. It's pretty much the only one I use.......
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Uumm, micro-managing my fantasy baseball teams. Where else?

Postby TopChuckie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:18 am

If you actually care about 25-man rosters, and you probably should on draft day, then the only site I've found that takes them into consideration is The Inside Pitch, http://www.theinsidepitch.com/.

Since only players on the 25-man rosters are eligible to be drafted, my leagues use The Inside Pitch as our official source to determine who is eligible in our pre-opening day drafts. Only players listed on the diamond, rotation, bull pen, bench, and DL are eligible. All other players are not available until our reserve draft.

He updates pretty quickly and there is a nice closer watch there as well. He doesn't get much pub, but it's one of my most useful sites. One of the best kept secrets in fantasy baseball, I guess.
TopChuckie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby rotterdam_82 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:52 am

TopChuckie wrote:If you actually care about 25-man rosters, and you probably should on draft day, then the only site I've found that takes them into consideration is The Inside Pitch, http://www.theinsidepitch.com/.

Since only players on the 25-man rosters are eligible to be drafted, my leagues use The Inside Pitch as our official source to determine who is eligible in our pre-opening day drafts. Only players listed on the diamond, rotation, bull pen, bench, and DL are eligible. All other players are not available until our reserve draft.

He updates pretty quickly and there is a nice closer watch there as well. He doesn't get much pub, but it's one of my most useful sites. One of the best kept secrets in fantasy baseball, I guess.

You trust one sourse to tell you who is going to be on the 25 man?

Nice site though.....
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby TopChuckie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:53 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:
TopChuckie wrote:If you actually care about 25-man rosters, and you probably should on draft day, then the only site I've found that takes them into consideration is The Inside Pitch, http://www.theinsidepitch.com/.

You trust one sourse to tell you who is going to be on the 25 man?

Nice site though.....

You have to have one official, unbiased, source for draft purposes to avoid owners saving some guy until dollar days that they found on Joe Blow's website that said he would be on the 25-man while every other owner in the league knows that player will be starting in the minors.

This need was exemplified several years ago when Josh Hamilton was still considered a top prospect, before all the set backs, and one team tried to draft him in our auction draft, while everyone else knew he would not be breaking camp with the Rays. Yeah, we all would have loved to grab him for a buck after everyone else filled their OF spots, put him on reserve until he actually was a major leaguer, and then have him super cheap for years to come, but it wouldn't be right.

Inside Pitch is damn good at getting it right and adjusting the rosters quickly based on the latest news or manager's comments, especially for a little guy without the resources that ESPN or CBS has, but he doesn't have to be perfect, he's just serving as our official standard to avoid controvery during the draft.
TopChuckie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TopChuckie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:01 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:You trust one sourse to tell you who is going to be on the 25 man?

Nice site though.....

Plus, as I said before, until 25-man rosters are actually set on opening day, T.I.P. is the only site I've found that takes the 25-man into consideration when doing depth charts, so "one source" is our only option because there is only "one" source. Unless someone is aware of any other? I looked everywhere a couple years ago and T.I.P. was the only one I found. I haven't looked lately because once I found T.I.P. I no longer had the need.
TopChuckie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers