Good New for MVP baseball PC users! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Good New for MVP baseball PC users!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:22 pm

slomo007 wrote:Maybe it's just me but I can't stand owner mode. In Madden 2006, they actually took away the standard dynasty mode and force you to play owner mode. I sold the game about a month after buying it - worthless crap. :-t

MVP 2006, if EA actually made it, would have probably been the same way. I don't really care how much my popcorn and sodas sell for, just let me play the game!

Speaking of fantasy drafts, have you noticed how undervalued the young studs are by the CPU?

Here's my fantasy Royals Team:

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Jhonny Peralta
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Miguel Cabrera
LF: Aubrey Huff
CF: Rocco Baldelli
RF: Vlad
Bench - Figgins

SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Beckett
SP: Burnett
SP: Liriano
I can't remember my 5th starter but he was a great young player too.

It's almost not even fair, especially in a couple of years.

Weeks is pretty sick on my team he's smashing the ball..I think they just gave him sheffs exact rankings
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:12 pm

I just installed the data file for the "old" pitching cursor, and it works perfectly. Thanks phatferd. After using the "new" one for a few games, the old one was too easy! I had to bump the difficulty up a bit (well, down on the slider).
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:19 pm

slomo007 wrote:I just installed the data file for the "old" pitching cursor, and it works perfectly. Thanks phatferd. After using the "new" one for a few games, the old one was too easy! I had to bump the difficulty up a bit (well, down on the slider).

i find setting the Pitch forgiveness and accuracy or whatever to 50 each makes the old one playable ;-D
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I just installed the data file for the "old" pitching cursor, and it works perfectly. Thanks phatferd. After using the "new" one for a few games, the old one was too easy! I had to bump the difficulty up a bit (well, down on the slider).

i find setting the Pitch forgiveness and accuracy or whatever to 50 each makes the old one playable ;-D

So you need the "old" meter in addition to making it easier? What are you, drunk? Come on, that target is like a half inch wide (on my 15" monitor).

Maybe you meant changing the settings on the new meter makes it playable...in that case, I agree with you.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:26 pm

slomo007 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

So you need the "old" meter in addition to making it easier? What are you, drunk? Come on, that target is like a half inch wide (on my 15" monitor).

Maybe you meant changing the settings on the new meter makes it playable...in that case, I agree with you.

Yea the new meter not the old one! ha
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RynMan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:12 pm

Just downloaded this mod and it's unreal. Some serious work in there, especially with the minor leaguers - photos, attributes, real names! Amazing.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby mbuser » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:26 pm

RynMan wrote:Just downloaded this mod and it's unreal. Some serious work in there, especially with the minor leaguers - photos, attributes, real names! Amazing.

agreed -- i am loving this B-)
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Half Massed » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:25 am

I increased the pitching difficulty to 35 to make it workable on MVP, but it's still pretty easy to make mistakes. I've gotten used to it enough that I know going back to the way it was will make it way too easy. I'm still winning over 80% of the time anyway.

As for the fantasy drafts, I've given up on them. It's far too easy to create the best young teams. I tried creating a fantasy draft, then letting the computer pick all my picks. That's much more interesting, as you end up with a more flawed, and therefore balanced in relation to the rest of the league, team. I'll probably do it again after I get tired of playing as the A's.

Does anyone know when they'll get more faces and pictures for the players they missed? For example, Street still doesn't have a picture or custom face.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:54 am

Half Massed wrote:

Does anyone know when they'll get more faces and pictures for the players they missed? For example, Street still doesn't have a picture or custom face.

Well this is just a beta release so I assume on the true release it will be better and more in depth
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to General Talk