Good New for MVP baseball PC users! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Good New for MVP baseball PC users!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:32 pm

I finally got everything downloaded, extracted and installed, and so far so good. My saves were still there and all that that. I jumped right back into my dynasty team, which was in spring training, and the first thing I noticed was that the mini games were made much harder. I used to cruise through the pitching one on MVP difficulty until I got to +5 territory, then I'd stop no problem. Now, I had trouble just getting through the first round. I had to change the difficulty all the way back to rookie to go anywhere.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:06 pm

Yea I turned pitching to super easy and it seemed to work great...I still wish EA put out a new game although this is really sweet
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Webster11 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:18 am

I downloaded both versions and both times when I tried to extract it, it says that there is a bad block. Does anyone know why that is happening and how I could fix it?
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:05 pm

try downloading the file from scratch again, this happened to me and I just deleted the file then downloaded it again and it worked the 2nd time.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:29 pm

This patch is sweet thanks for the link phatferd
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:50 pm

Heres a datafile that made the pitching meter more like the original and it also has some cool running. fielding, walk-up and in between innings cameras. If you want a bigger pitch meter I would suggest getting this.

Just extract it to MVP BASEBALL<DATA...Don't extract it to the datafile folder, just the Data folder...That is it.

If you would like the cameras with the hard pithing meter let me know and I will post the link to that file..

http://rapidshare.de/files/13676125/datafile_2_.rar.html
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:21 pm

Phatferd wrote:Heres a datafile that made the pitching meter more like the original and it also has some cool running. fielding, walk-up and in between innings cameras. If you want a bigger pitch meter I would suggest getting this.

Just extract it to MVP BASEBALL<DATA...Don't extract it to the datafile folder, just the Data folder...That is it.

If you would like the cameras with the hard pithing meter let me know and I will post the link to that file..

Sweet!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Phatferd wrote:Heres a datafile that made the pitching meter more like the original and it also has some cool running. fielding, walk-up and in between innings cameras. If you want a bigger pitch meter I would suggest getting this.

I think I'll give that a try when I get home. I was able to make the pitching a little easier. I like to play on MVP level because that's the only way the opposing team's batters are worth a damn. But, it did make the pitching very difficult. What I did was bump up pitch control (not speed) to 30, and user pitch meter difficulty to 50. The control setting means you can be less accurate on the meter, and the pitch meter difficulty setting expands the range of the meter. But, even all the way up (at 50) it's still not as large as it was before the patch. It still makes it quite a bit harder.

Then again I'm pitching with the Reds, so their pitching isn't exactly good to begin with. Right now I'm last in the Central after playing 6 games. The Pirates beat me twice! In my defense I have had some really bad luck on offense.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:52 pm

slomo007 wrote:

I think I'll give that a try when I get home. I was able to make the pitching a little easier. I like to play on MVP level because that's the only way the opposing team's batters are worth a damn. But, it did make the pitching very difficult. What I did was bump up pitch control (not speed) to 30, and user pitch meter difficulty to 50. The control setting means you can be less accurate on the meter, and the pitch meter difficulty setting expands the range of the meter. But, even all the way up (at 50) it's still not as large as it was before the patch. It still makes it quite a bit harder.

Then again I'm pitching with the Reds, so their pitching isn't exactly good to begin with. Right now I'm last in the Central after playing 6 games. The Pirates beat me twice! In my defense I have had some really bad luck on offense.

Yea I started a fantasy team in owner mode. Of course everytime I try owner mode I lose millions of dollars.

Anyways..

I have Arod, Pods, Ichiro, Weeks, Damon, Upton, Konerko and some other people.

Ichiro is hitting the ball right at people ! Bastardo!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:09 pm

Maybe it's just me but I can't stand owner mode. In Madden 2006, they actually took away the standard dynasty mode and force you to play owner mode. I sold the game about a month after buying it - worthless crap. :-t

MVP 2006, if EA actually made it, would have probably been the same way. I don't really care how much my popcorn and sodas sell for, just let me play the game!

Speaking of fantasy drafts, have you noticed how undervalued the young studs are by the CPU?

Here's my fantasy Royals Team:

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Jhonny Peralta
SS: Jose Reyes
3B: Miguel Cabrera
LF: Aubrey Huff
CF: Rocco Baldelli
RF: Vlad
Bench - Figgins

SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Beckett
SP: Burnett
SP: Liriano
I can't remember my 5th starter but he was a great young player too.

It's almost not even fair, especially in a couple of years.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk