Good New for MVP baseball PC users! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Good New for MVP baseball PC users!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Good New for MVP baseball PC users!

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:52 pm

Thank god there are people out there who aren't as lazy and evil as EA sports.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=N ... cle&sid=25
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:54 pm

I mentioned this is another thread...I think it was about basketball.

This is why I went out and got a video card. ACS I got an Xbox 360 controller for the PC as well. It's pretty sweet.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby free » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:38 pm

could you please explain exactly what this is or how it works :-? i spent sometime looking through the sight and couldn't find any regular person lingo :-B do you basically buy '05 for pc and download all the mods?
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Phatferd » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:04 pm

free wrote:could you please explain exactly what this is or how it works :-? i spent sometime looking through the sight and couldn't find any regular person lingo :-B do you basically buy '05 for pc and download all the mods?

Install 05, download one of their patches 3 or 5 (i can send you 5), then install either the In Like Flin or Livin Large 06 mod. The 06 mods have everything in them already so you don't have to download 30 patches.

From what I have been reading is this game might be a graphics intense game. The design team made all the images 2 times more detailed than the original and a lot of people are complaining about how it crashes their CPU. I think someone is making a version with less detail to help people out.

If you have a decent video card, RAM and a good Processor, you should be fine.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:20 pm

Phatferd wrote:
free wrote:could you please explain exactly what this is or how it works :-? i spent sometime looking through the sight and couldn't find any regular person lingo :-B do you basically buy '05 for pc and download all the mods?

Install 05, download one of their patches 3 or 5 (i can send you 5), then install either the In Like Flin or Livin Large 06 mod. The 06 mods have everything in them already so you don't have to download 30 patches.

From what I have been reading is this game might be a graphics intense game. The design team made all the images 2 times more detailed than the original and a lot of people are complaining about how it crashes their CPU. I think someone is making a version with less detail to help people out.

If you have a decent video card, RAM and a good Processor, you should be fine.

It slowed mine down a little, but I think it's worth it. Basically the only time I've noticed it being jumpy is when a ball is actually hit in play, and it's not too bad on my system. It is not any jumpier at all when you're at the plate, and that is important because lag when you're trying to pitch or hit makes it nearly impossible to play.

I can't believe they were able to change so many things! Pretty sweet. Once the final release comes out (this is just the beta version) I will make a donation to their site. This is just as good as MVP 2006 would have been, which I would have spent $40 for. I'll donate $10-20 for this!
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:40 pm

Yea this is really awesome...Which MOD did you use... I'm gonna download it tonight and install it..

So it looks good huh..Im psyched...yea this is worth a 20 donation
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Half Massed » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:21 am

Awesome awesome awesome. If they keep this up, it'll sure ease the loss of new MVPs.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slomo007 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:28 am

acsguitar wrote:Yea this is really awesome...Which MOD did you use... I'm gonna download it tonight and install it..

I downloaded the livin' large one. I really didn't want to deal with any install problems, so I just uninstalled my existing MVP version. I then reinstalled a clean copy of MVP, the latest EA sports patch, and then extracted the files from the livin large download to my MVP root directory. All there is to it. It will ask if you want to overwrite some files - just click "yes to all".

The whole process (after downloading) only took 20 mins or so from start to finish. Thanks for the link. Supposedly the final version will be ready by opening day, which is kind of weird because that makes me want to wait to start a serious dynasty until then.

Anyone know of a way to carry your dynasty over to a new installation if we have to do another clean install for the final patch?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Phatferd » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:49 am

slomo007 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yea this is really awesome...Which MOD did you use... I'm gonna download it tonight and install it..

I downloaded the livin' large one. I really didn't want to deal with any install problems, so I just uninstalled my existing MVP version. I then reinstalled a clean copy of MVP, the latest EA sports patch, and then extracted the files from the livin large download to my MVP root directory. All there is to it. It will ask if you want to overwrite some files - just click "yes to all".

The whole process (after downloading) only took 20 mins or so from start to finish. Thanks for the link. Supposedly the final version will be ready by opening day, which is kind of weird because that makes me want to wait to start a serious dynasty until then.

Anyone know of a way to carry your dynasty over to a new installation if we have to do another clean install for the final patch?

Before you install the final mod, go to your my documents and open the MVP Baseball folder and there should be a .sav file with the name of your dynasty. For exampe if you saved it as "rangers" there should be a ranger.sav file. Just cut and paste it to your desktop, then install the new version of the mod and put the file back in the same place and you should continue where you left off.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 am

Phatferd wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Before you install the final mod, go to your my documents and open the MVP Baseball folder and there should be a .sav file with the name of your dynasty. For exampe if you saved it as "rangers" there should be a ranger.sav file. Just cut and paste it to your desktop, then install the new version of the mod and put the file back in the same place and you should continue where you left off.

Awesome, thanks phatferd. I'll do that if the next release requires another clean install. Now I can start my dynasty.

BTW, when I said that it makes it a little jumpy, everyone should keep in mind that my computer is not the top of the line anymore. 1.4 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, and a Radeon 9600XT. It's good, but not top of the line. If you have a relatively new computer with better specs than these, you may not have any problem. I also found that if you turn the crowd detail down, that helps the game a lot. I can't even tell much of a difference in the game, and besides, who really cares about the crowd?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk