hey, a couple quick questions on downsizing my starters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

hey, a couple quick questions on downsizing my starters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

hey, a couple quick questions on downsizing my starters

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:34 am

5x5 12 team standard roto. i'm hanging in the top 3 in wins and Ks, but checking my current info says that i'm on pace to go 140 over the limit, so since i'm keen on keeping 4 or more closers to rack up the saves i'm thinking that it'd be a good idea to trim the fat here.

i'll throw this list at you... so who should go, and who are some sleepers (either young guys coming up, or guys who dont have good overall #s but have been on a roll lately) that i can perhaps 2 for 1 for... i'm 4/12 in era, but i think i can make a move if i manage to keep a small core of quality starters.

the crew:

- javier vazquez (i really hope he can re-enact the 2nd half of 2001, minus the head trauma)

- dontrelle willis (suffice to say, this kid is the bomb. i nabbed him in between back to back cincinnati starts and it's been a pleasure to watch.

- bartolo colon (this guy just feels expendable to me, however, the sox seem to be playing better as of late, and if he gets some passion injected into him i can see him making a run)

- carlos zambrano (good K potential, and i think is capable of winning more consistently if the cubs offense gets clicking)

- jae seung seo (got rocked last night, however has been pitching well sans wins)

i'm putting a lot of weight on dontrelle willis' shoulders, as i see him as the anchor of my staff. he seems to be able to make adjustments so he can beat teams the second time around. from there, javvy vazquez was a pretty high priced trade (meche, myers) but gives up runs. the other guys don't have this much blabber in me right now.

so whaddya think?!
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:41 am

I'd get rid of Seo. He doesn't k very many and he's likely to get rocked occasionally because he doesn't have the greatest stuff.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Jury » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:26 pm

Make sure not to overrate Colon because he really doesn't post the best ERA and WHIP and walk totals. A lot is hidden under the cover of his triple digit heater. He's a fine third starter or fringe second starter in a 10 team league, but after trimming some fat make sure your ace is not Colon.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers