Orvella and Weathers and whoever closes in Atlanta? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Orvella and Weathers and whoever closes in Atlanta?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:47 pm

Wait wait wait! Wasn't atlanta's entire plan to raise McBride as a closer? What happened? I thought McBride will be the guy from here on!

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:53 pm

Zito is God wrote:Wait wait wait! Wasn't atlanta's entire plan to raise McBride as a closer? What happened? I thought McBride will be the guy from here on!

I think he is seen more as a set up type guy in the Braves system. Devine is defiantly ahead of him on the RP prospects that are in line to close.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby tlef316 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:10 am

what has happened to ryan wagner in cincy? is the guy just a total flame out, or is he not closer material yet. Everyone raved about this kid coming out of school and he hasnt done a thing
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hybrid » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:13 am

He had a bum shoulder last year, so it will be interesting to see how he comes back from that. He has the stuff to close, but some people question if he has the mentality/make up to make it as a closer.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:03 am

hybrid wrote:He had a bum shoulder last year, so it will be interesting to see how he comes back from that. He has the stuff to close, but some people question if he has the mentality/make up to make it as a closer.
I banked on Wagner being the closer last year (got him in the last round) and getting at least 20 saves...Boy was I wrong!!! I remember starting him last year and getting absolutely lit up, giving up 4 ERs without recording an out!!!!! had to cut him loose after that.

But with all that being said, he's still young and still the closer of the future.
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WittyC » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:14 am

Orvella is the only guy that I would even consider in a mixed league. If I was taking a gamble in an NL-only league, I'd waste picks on Devine and Wagner, then cross my fingers and pet my rabbit's foot.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers