Orvella and Weathers and whoever closes in Atlanta? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Orvella and Weathers and whoever closes in Atlanta?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Orvella and Weathers and whoever closes in Atlanta?

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:46 pm

Opinions on these guys? Inside Pitch now has Reitsma closing in Atlanta? Orvella over Mori? Can Weathers actually continue to close in Cincy? What kind of numbers for 06 from these three or are we looking at the first 3 to lose their jobs?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:23 am

I also saw the thing on Reistma today, but I don't buy it. I think we gonna have to wait on that one. If I had to choose one today, I'd go with Devine.

I'm pretty sure they are gonna go with Orvella to start the season in TB and I don't expect him to lose the job. Actually I've never seen Mori, by his numbers he looks good, pretty big strikeout guy.

In Cincy... :-o I guess Weathers...he was actually not that bad last year. 4 BS in 19 Opps. But really they don't have anyone else...I've seen Standridge's name thrown around. :-o You want a deeeep sleeper? Grant Balfour...that's for your 30 team league.
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby crapshooter » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:17 am

Devine may not start the season as closer but I think he'll get his shot somewhere during the season to see if he can hold it.
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:30 am

I have to think that they are going to end up doing Closer-by-committee.... :-?
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:48 am

I like Orvella in TB. I think he will do a good job. Reitsma might start off the closer but I doubt he stays the closer past the all-star break. My money is on Devine. As for Cincy and Weathers there isn't a single guy in that bullpen that I would want on my team.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Copperheads » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:01 am

I read somewhere that Blaine Boyer has a decent shot at the Atl. closer job. Anyone have thoughts on him?
Copperheads
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Zito is God » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:23 pm

Orvella is a rocket. His striekout rate is ridiculous in the minors. I have a slight concern he ends up as a Jose Capellan though, but if he can get a good slider working and not rely on the fastball as much as he did in the minors he'll lock into 30 saves this season (at least).

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:32 pm

Zito is God wrote:Orvella is a rocket. His striekout rate is ridiculous in the minors. I have a slight concern he ends up as a Jose Capellan though, but if he can get a good slider working and not rely on the fastball as much as he did in the minors he'll lock into 30 saves this season (at least).

Orvella is a better pitcher then Cappy and has more then 1 pitch. Orvella has a plus change up that is right up there with his FB, making his slider really his 3rd pitch that he will just show here and there.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby rotterdam_82 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Copperheads wrote:I read somewhere that Blaine Boyer has a decent shot at the Atl. closer job. Anyone have thoughts on him?

He's go the makeup that's for sure, tough kid. I'm not sure if he has the stuff for it just yet, but he's cirtainly one to watch.

The dark horse in ATL is Villarreal. He can be downright nasty, it depends how well he has recovered.......
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:38 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby Cox keeps Chuck James up in '06 and uses him out of the bullpen, via the closer spot.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers