Eric Chavez, you are a delight... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Eric Chavez, you are a delight...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rotterdam_82 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:09 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:For ROTO he's worth a 6th round pick no question. H2H? I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.......

based on the streakyness?

Yes.

I agree that you could wait on someone like Chipper or Mora and still get close to equal production, if a little more risky.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:20 pm

I thought that the progress he showed in 2004 was going to be a sign of things to come, but I was very disappointed in his 2005 season. 2005 seems like a giant step in the wrong direction. I won't be specifically avoiding him, but I won't be targetting him in any of my drafts either. I don't see a breakout on the horizon.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:31 pm

BigLebowski wrote:
hooligan1 wrote:He should go in the middle rounds, but damn! When I read your post, I was like, that can't be right. He must be older that 28. But shore nuff, he's going into his eigth full season and only just turned 28. Crazy! I agree that his supporting cast does have the potential to be a little better, but what about the years he played with Tejada, Giambi, Damon, Dye, etc? He's had some pretty darn good players along side him in that batting order before and still seems to put up very similar numbers year to year, barring injury. He seems a lock for .275-90-28-100-8 with 30 doubles and a .350 OBP. Not HOF numbers, but very solid in the realm of fantasy. I like him around the ninth round in 10-12 team roto leagues......

I love Chavez this year, and was trying to keep him quiet for a reaston. SHHHHH!

I'd actually bump your numbers a little bit. 34HR and 110RBI is where I have him.

Chavez, Beltre, and Aramis Ramirez are three people who a much younger than most people realize, due to the number of years they have played at the major league level.

I agree with you. I'm expecting some big numbers from Chavy this year barring injury. Your prediction looks accurate. I would expect 34-36 homeruns and a solid average to go along with it. I have him as my 5th third basemen, behind A-Rod, Wright, Cabrera and A-Ram.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby tgalv » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:40 pm

i'm staying clear. his stats are nothing fantastic plus i had him last year and he was a complete blackhole the first few months. that is the exact opposite of what you want in h2h.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm

I'm just going to stay clear of this thread.

:-b
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:58 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:1. A-Rod
2. Cabrera
3. Wright
4. Figgins
5. Aramis
6. Rolen
7. Ensberg
8. Chavez
9. Mora
10. Chipper
11. Glaus
12. Blalock
13. Chad Tracy (when he gets his starts there this season)
14. Beltre

Why bother ranking Figgins amongst 3B when his value his much higher at 2B? Anyone who takes him as a 3B are not utilizing his position eligibility.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Gimme_Fiction » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 am

Yoda wrote:This is a great year to take Chavez IMO. He hasn't lived up to expectations and most people will pass on him. I never had him since he was always taken in 3rd or 4th round. Injuries have kept him back and I think he is finally due.

I agree...I think this year many people will label him as a bust of some sort who failed to meet expectations. I'll gladly wait till round 7 or so and grab him.
Gimme_Fiction
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Ender » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:50 am

Looking at those lists I have to say this is a great year to take Blalock.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:55 am

Only negative on Chavez is the injury situation wrt his shoulder. I still like him as he may be streaky, but generally produces. But the injury to that shoulder sends up warning flags.

Rotoworld:
Eric Chavez no longer intends to undergo right shoulder surgery. He said he'll carefully be monitored next year and significantly reduce his throwing in spring training and pregame work.
That doesn't seem like our idea of a good plan. Chavez's shoulder was supposed to be more of a problem defensively than offensively last season, but perhaps it had quite a bit to do with his disappointing performance in the batter's box. The decision not to have surgery makes us less optimistic that he'll bounce back.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nuggets » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:55 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:I'm just going to stay clear of this thread.

:-b

How are you feeling the old Chavez/Tejada debate. Did Chavez meet your expectations in the second half?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers