Republicans Start Killing Each Other - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Republicans Start Killing Each Other

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:06 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
theclefe wrote:Oh man. The guy had a heart attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060214/ap_ ... hittington

Manslaughter anyone?

Holy crap... if this guy dies, Cheney goes to jail... oh wait, there's a two-tier justice system in America that says the haves don't go to jail and have-nots do. I forgot, silly me.

It's hard to get manslaughter when the other guy even admitted he was at fault for the shooting. He walked into the path of fire without announcing his presence. A case could barely be brought against Chaney, so I'd probably put away that fantasy.

I wonder how much Cheney paid him to say that
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:08 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:If Cheney loses the veep title, I have dibs on Colonel Sanders being named his replacement.

Who would be his replacement? I hope its someone really wacko!

I would think it would be Speaker of the House whoever the hell that is right now. I bet anything though Bush will try to pass some laws so Rumsfeld can be VP. :-P
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:23 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:If Cheney loses the veep title, I have dibs on Colonel Sanders being named his replacement.

I would think it would be Speaker of the House whoever the hell that is right now. I bet anything though Bush will try to pass some laws so Rumsfeld can be VP. :-P

Yea he'd do it for the safety of the nation...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:58 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

There is no line of succession for the Vice President. The president nominates a new one, who is approved by the Senate. 25th Amendment.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WharfRat » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:09 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

There is no line of succession for the Vice President. The president nominates a new one, who is approved by the Senate. 25th Amendment.

BUT...if there was a line of succession, and it went to the House Majority Leader, we would have an administration of...

Bush and Boehner.

Oh man, that would be so awesome. ;-D ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:38 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:It's hard to get manslaughter when the other guy even admitted he was at fault for the shooting. He walked into the path of fire without announcing his presence. A case could barely be brought against Chaney, so I'd probably put away that fantasy.

I just spent the last ten minutes looking for the admission of guilt you mentioned. I couldn't find it. Where can I read this for myself?
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:51 pm

WharfRat wrote:Bush and Boehner.

Please tell me that is pronounced bone - er.

Bush replaces dick with boner? I like.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CHE » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:29 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
theclefe wrote:Oh man. The guy had a heart attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060214/ap_ ... hittington

Manslaughter anyone?

Holy crap... if this guy dies, Cheney goes to jail... oh wait, there's a two-tier justice system in America that says the haves don't go to jail and have-nots do. I forgot, silly me.

It's hard to get manslaughter when the other guy even admitted he was at fault for the shooting. He walked into the path of fire without announcing his presence. A case could barely be brought against Chaney, so I'd probably put away that fantasy.

Do you know what Manslaughter is??? It dont matter if it was the guys fault he was in the firing range, if you kill somone, you should get charged!!!!

But since its the VP who shot him, nothing will happen. Maybe Cheney would step down. ;-7
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thomasps3 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:05 am

Something extremely funny I heard yesterday on the "Big Show" here in Boston is that in the state of Texas and you don't kill the person, there is a $7 fine and you don't even need to report it! The only time you need to report is if you kill someone! I wonder how many peoplein the Bush "regime" have taken a hunting trip to Texas with some Dems and accidentally shot them? Anyone for $49 in fines and no reportable offenses?

WOW

8-o
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby Coppermine » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:27 am

A few things:

First of all, the "line of succession" just applies if the President AND the vice-president die or resign, but if anyone below the president dies or resigns, he gets to pick a new VP based on Congress' approval. As of right now, the succession after Cheney would be Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert, President Pro Tem Ted Stevens (nutjob, a scary thought), the Sec. of State Condi Rice.

Also, I believe this is how manslaughter works; if Cheney was negligent or broke the law in any way when he shot this dude, and he dies, it's involuntary manslaughter. I believe that all hunting accidents in any state result in negligence on the parts of the both the shooter and shooted. I mean, maybe we should be giving Cheney a break; he is an old man and he did shoot an even older man. But the fact that it was an "accident" doesn't negate the negligence of the matter, and I really hate to see the words "hunting" and "accident" together.

By the way, they were on a quail hunt on a private ranch in Corpus Christi. Basically, they all pile into a Land Rover, drive up to the "covey" where pen raised, wingless, quailtards (I'm paraphrasing the Daily Show now) are shot at from 3 feet away.

In any case, I saw Scarborough's already asking the hard-hitting pundit questions like "Will Cheney step down?!" Well, it's way early for that. But I think this story has the potential for a lot more embarrassment than what has already ensued.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk