How long until a movie about fantasy is made? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

How long until a movie about fantasy is made?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:58 pm

danleroi22 wrote:It could have somthing to do with Vegas or something like that.

A movie where they bet on fantasy sports. ;-D

That would be interesting! ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:00 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
CC wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I really have no idea how they would make a movie about fantasy baseball

They wouldn't. They would make it about fantasy football, it is much more popular.

Any stats to back that up? I would have thought baseball was more popular and I'll tell you why: 162 vs. 16 games per year. :-?

I wasn't trying to start an arguement about which is the better fantasy sport because different people have different opinions and to each his own. I prefer football, and I assume you prefer baseball.

But, I did think that there were many more fantasy football players than their were fantasy baseball players. I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.

Oh and I do have one stat.
FBC: Most users ever online was 280
FFC: Most users ever online was 412
:-b
2nd in the Baseball Leg of the Cafe Challenge.
CC Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:02 pm

CC wrote:Oh and I do have one stat.

How did you get that?
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:06 pm

CC wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
CC wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I really have no idea how they would make a movie about fantasy baseball

They wouldn't. They would make it about fantasy football, it is much more popular.

Any stats to back that up? I would have thought baseball was more popular and I'll tell you why: 162 vs. 16 games per year. :-?

I wasn't trying to start an arguement about which is the better fantasy sport because different people have different opinions and to each his own. I prefer football, and I assume you prefer baseball.

But, I did think that there were many more fantasy football players than their were fantasy baseball players. I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.

Oh and I do have one stat.

There's no doubt more people play Fantasy Football as opposed to Fantasy Baseball... I also think that FB is harder; there are games every day, there are more players, scoring can get more complicated (but seems to make more sense), and there's a lot more strategy on a day-to-day basis when it comes to starting and benching players based on trends, performance and pitching mathups. All in all, FB is harder IMO. It doesn't have the appeal and goes on longer and requires a lot more attention. FF is also a little easier to analyze because you can really pick apart each game and each player's performance from week to week. In baseball it's like rapid fire stats and it can get a little cumbersome for someone who isn't a hardcore baseball fan. I feel like I can keep up with FF fairly easily (although I'm not very good at it) but I've found that people often get frustrated or bored with fantasy baseball if they aren't as into the sport.

It's just my opinion though, and I certainly don't think one is better than the other. As far as numbers and popularity is concerned though, FF is definitely number 1.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:22 pm

I wish my league would let us change lineups daily. We do weekly lineup changes and it sucks if your SS gets his knee bashed in from someone sliding into second on a Monday - you're screwed for that matchup.
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:23 pm

knapplc wrote:I wish my league would let us change lineups daily. We do weekly lineup changes and it sucks if your SS gets his knee bashed in from someone sliding into second on a Monday - you're screwed for that matchup.

Yeah, I played in a weekly lineup change league once with a bunch of hardcore fantasy football players and amateur fantasy baseball players. Needless to say, I refuse to play weekly lineup change leagues now.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk